New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Adorama

Krymedogg
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Adorama

For what it is worth, Adorama has the Xplor 600 HSS TLL moonlight with battery pack on sale for 549.00 today only. Usually 749.00

I just picked me one up.....

Now I just need a speeding adapter from PCB Octobox to Bowens speeding to use my October..

Anyone have a link for what I should get??

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Krymedogg

Nov 09, 2016 at 01:43 AM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Adorama

Try this.

Nov 09, 2016 at 06:28 PM
Krymedogg
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Adorama

Thanks....just purchased...

Krymedogg

Nov 09, 2016 at 09:06 PM
Chris Court
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Adorama

Got a link? I'm only seeing the regular price on their site…

C

Nov 09, 2016 at 09:35 PM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Adorama

Chris Court wrote:
Got a link? I'm only seeing the regular price on their site…

C

I received an email from Adorama this morning indicating that the $549.95 price was valid through 11/10/16. I went to their website to place an order, but the price showed $749. I called & they honored the discount, so props to Adorama.

Nov 10, 2016 at 01:26 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Adorama

BigIronCruiser wrote:
I received an email from Adorama this morning indicating that the $549.95 price was valid through 11/10/16. I went to their website to place an order, but the price showed $749. I called & they honored the discount, so props to Adorama.

I'm so sorry; we had a glitch in the system, so I'm glad you were able to call your order in, and get it for the special price.

BTW, if you ever have any problem that you can't resolve, or simply a query about Adorama products or service, please never hesitate to contact me directly:

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
[email protected]

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:31 AM
ivssatish

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Adorama

I guess i am 2 weeks late on this one and missed a grewt deal. Any chance it will be on sale again soon?

Helen Oster wrote:
I'm so sorry; we had a glitch in the system, so I'm glad you were able to call your order in, and get it for the special price.

BTW, if you ever have any problem that you can't resolve, or simply a query about Adorama products or service, please never hesitate to contact me directly:

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
[email protected]

Nov 22, 2016 at 07:05 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Adorama

ivssatish wrote:
I guess i am 2 weeks late on this one and missed a grewt deal. Any chance it will be on sale again soon?

I really don't know for certain, but I'd be surprised if not

Nov 22, 2016 at 07:24 PM
elv000

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Adorama

ivssatish wrote:

There is currently a great deal runing on the XPLOR 600 TTL bundle with all the popular accessories - http://flashhavoc.com/black-friday-holiday-deals/

I'm not sure how long this will last though.

Nov 26, 2016 at 05:32 PM
ivssatish

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Adorama

Yeah i saw that yesterday but was not sure if it was a good deal or not. Not sure about the quality of c-stand and soft box that come with the bundle. Are they good?

elv000 wrote:
There is currently a great deal runing on the XPLOR 600 TTL bundle with all the popular accessories - http://flashhavoc.com/black-friday-holiday-deals/

I'm not sure how long this will last though.

Nov 27, 2016 at 01:49 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

elv000

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Adorama

ivssatish wrote:
Yeah i saw that yesterday but was not sure if it was a good deal or not. Not sure about the quality of c-stand and soft box that come with the bundle. Are they good?

The Parapop softboxes are excellent for what they were designed for. They are very light weight, though as I mentioned that's the way they are designed to be. They are a licenced version of the SMDV speedbox. I wrote a bit of review on they here a couple of years ago now - http://flashhavoc.com/glow-parapop-28-hands-on-review/

I don't have the C-stand myself, though they look very similar to ones I have seen and they are pretty decent. The handles and fittings etc may not be quite as refined as Avenger or similar, though functionally they do the same job, and I haven't heard of anyone mentioning any issues or anything notable about them in the past.

So yes I think its an excellent deal, theres no junk or filler in there. Adorama actually put the deal together themselves this time, but the stand and softobox are the same ones I had been asking for in previous deals, and along with the accessories are the most requested and purchased together anyway.

Nov 27, 2016 at 04:20 AM
ivssatish

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Adorama

Thanks Elv000!

Unfortunately the ship has sailed by the time i have convinced my better half and tried to buy it. The coupon has expired
elv000 wrote:
The Parapop softboxes are excellent for what they were designed for. They are very light weight, though as I mentioned that's the way they are designed to be. They are a licenced version of the SMDV speedbox. I wrote a bit of review on they here a couple of years ago now - http://flashhavoc.com/glow-parapop-28-hands-on-review/

I don't have the C-stand myself, though they look very similar to ones I have seen and they are pretty decent. The handles and fittings etc may not be quite as refined as Avenger or similar, though functionally they do the same job, and I haven't heard
...Show more

Nov 27, 2016 at 05:00 PM
elv000

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Adorama

ivssatish wrote:
Thanks Elv000!

Unfortunately the ship has sailed by the time i have convinced my better half and tried to buy it. The coupon has expired

The coupon is working again until the 30th November (2016). (I think you found that already though?).

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:46 PM
ivssatish

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Adorama

Yes I did and pulled the trigger

elv000 wrote:
The coupon is working again until the 30th November (2016). (I think you found that already though?).

Nov 29, 2016 at 05:42 AM
elv000

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Adorama

Adorama have the Streaklight 360 Manual for $279.95 as today's daily deal - http://www.adorama.com/fplfsl360k1.html

Its already gone crazy in the first hour, so allocated stock may not make the 24 hours.

Dec 04, 2016 at 06:38 PM
pixlepeeper
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Adorama

But to get HSS you need to get a $30 R1 transmitter as well. I asked them and they said the R2 does not give it HSS.

Dec 04, 2016 at 07:25 PM
elv000

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Adorama

pixlepeeper wrote:
But to get HSS you need to get a $30 R1 transmitter as well. I asked them and they said the R2 does not give it HSS.

The R2 transmitter will provide HSS as long as you have an R2 clip on receiver attached to the flash instead of the R1 receiver.

You still need to switch HSS mode ON and OFF directly on the flash though.

Personally I think 2.4GHz triggers are much better than using the R1 HSS (Godox Cells IIc) transmitter. The Cells II were always very sensitive.

Dec 04, 2016 at 07:46 PM
pixlepeeper
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Adorama

Would it be wise to get R1 transmitters/receivers at this time? Specially the HSS ones. I don't know the differences between the two.

Dec 05, 2016 at 03:14 AM
elv000

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Adorama

pixlepeeper wrote:
Would it be wise to get R1 transmitters/receivers at this time? Specially the HSS ones. I don't know the differences between the two.

The R1 are the original 433MHz radio system, where the R2 are 2.4GHz.

If you're referring to the manual Streaklight deal then they come with just the remote manual R1 radio set.

You can get the R1 HSS transmitter for HSS use with the R1 receiver. Though if you have any intention at all in expanding the system into any of the new flashes with R2 (2.4GHz) radio built-in, then I would start moving to the R2 radio gear as soon as possible.

If its not too cumbersome, you could mount the R1 transmitter on top or the R2, providing HSS that way. Or just get an R2 clip in radio receiver for the flash, and use the R2 transmitter only.

If you use Canon there is also the XT32 / R2 T32 transmitter, which provide HSS and remote manual.

It needs some updating, though you can see an overview of the Godox / Flashpoint system here - http://flashhavoc.com/godox-flash-system-overview/

Dec 05, 2016 at 02:46 PM
ross attix
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Adorama

pixlepeeper wrote:

I think you are getting good advice already by others who are more familiar with these Godox poppers.

Just wanted to mention that I am using YongNuo YN-622 TX/RX units to 1-Remotely control the power and 2-use HSS on the original Godox 360. I am using Canon.

I have only done it with one flash, but you mount one YN on your hotshoe, mount the old Flashpoint R1 433Mhz transmitter on top of the YN.

Installed on the flash is the base which has the hotshoe on it, plugged into the other YN, and it has the R1 USB receiver installed as well.

You enable HSS on the flash, then you can shoot up to 1/8000, and vary the power output using the + and - buttons on the R1 Transmitter.

Obviously I already owned the YN units, or I might have moved up to a pair of R2 instead, but this works great.

Dec 05, 2016 at 03:38 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password