New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Post processing sequence

niktnowy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Post processing sequence

Good day. I would like to improve my post processing and I'm interested in your way of doing things. I'm using Lightroom to import pictures and for some post work. I'm deleting images I don't want to keep but still it takes long time to sort them out. Those images I like the most I'm exploring to PS.
I would like to utilize Bridge and Camera raw more.
I was wondering what is your way of doing post processing.
Thanks a lot

Nov 07, 2016 at 05:02 PM
rstoddard11
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Post processing sequence

I'm far from an expert, but I usually start with going to monochrome temporarily and tweaking exposure, then adjusting whites and blacks ensuring now blown highlights or lost shadows. I never change contrast. Maybe bump clarity a bit but never really ever over +35. Then I'll go back to color, adjust white balance and then maybe do spot corrections, exposure compensation if a landscape image etc. After than I may or may not mess with sharpening or noise correction.

When I first started, I just watched a lot of youtube videos.

Nov 07, 2016 at 05:25 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Post processing sequence

I use LR, bridge and PS CC.

I only delete images that are for sure garbage. I store images that i most likely will never use on an external (folder named something like "removed from library", etc).

Once imported, i look through LR. I don't keyword them - which i probably should at some point.
When i get the image i want to work on, i will open them up via bridge, and then the image will open up in ACR. I will do some edits in there (lens profile, etc etc), then save the settings, so when i am focus blending, it is easy to use the same settings to all the images i am using.

then i do a lot of the work in photoshop.

Nov 07, 2016 at 06:18 PM
Bernie
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Post processing sequence

You're not saying whether you'r working with raw or jpeg. Or producing color or b&w. Or going for realistic vs artistic.

It's best to find a good book on the subject and online tutorials. Sorry, I can't offer any suggestions, having learned primarily by reverse engineering others' actions and a lot of experimentation.

Nov 11, 2016 at 03:56 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password