FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Quick question for Mac users

joelconner
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Quick question for Mac users

Spent 10 minutes googling and an unable to find the answer. I have a friend who I have talked into try custom camera profiles, and I am sending him two of mine to try. He wants to try them in basic adobe camera raw and not just Lightroom, but I have no idea where they go on a Mac for ACR. Anyone able to help out? thanks!

Nov 04, 2016 at 05:18 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Quick question for Mac users

Users/blablabla/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

Nov 04, 2016 at 05:49 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Quick question for Mac users

great...thanks!!!

Nov 04, 2016 at 05:54 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Quick question for Mac users

dhp_sf wrote:
Users/blablabla/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

Is strong, the GoogleFu in this one.

Nov 05, 2016 at 03:27 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Quick question for Mac users

custom camera profiles look weird. I like Nikon Camera Neutral and Canon Camera Faithful

Nov 05, 2016 at 03:50 AM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Quick question for Mac users

Virtually everything I do starts with Nikon Portrait.

TTLKurtis wrote:
custom camera profiles look weird. I like Nikon Camera Neutral and Canon Camera Faithful

Nov 05, 2016 at 03:57 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Quick question for Mac users

BSPhotog wrote:

I used to as well, then I tweaked my presets just the other day. I think I'm able to better match my Nikon files with 2nd shooter Canon files using the Neutral.

Nov 05, 2016 at 04:25 AM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Quick question for Mac users

BSPhotog wrote:

---------------------------------------------

TTLKurtis wrote:
I used to as well, then I tweaked my presets just the other day. I think I'm able to better match my Nikon files with 2nd shooter Canon files using the Neutral.

Would love to hear you both elaborate. I'm only beginning to explore presets.

Nov 05, 2016 at 04:56 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Quick question for Mac users

I use VSCO!

Nov 05, 2016 at 05:14 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Quick question for Mac users

Not much elaborating to do, I made a custom tone curve and a couple other tweaks to vibrance, saturation, etc. and made my own preset which I apply on import. It's the same preset for Canon and Nikon files, both using the respective Canon Faithful and Nikon Natural camera profiles in LR.

Nov 05, 2016 at 05:25 AM
heikoM
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Quick question for Mac users

i use custom camera profiles for every camera by huelight.

Makes the different brands look similar. Then I apply my own pepper and salt.

heiko

Nov 05, 2016 at 07:55 AM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Quick question for Mac users

TTLKurtis wrote:

I shoot with three different brands of cameras at most wedding. Custom profiles have been a life saver for me. The ones I have made have always looked fine and help to balance the different bodies together

Nov 05, 2016 at 11:45 AM
butchM
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Quick question for Mac users

joelconner wrote:
I shoot with three different brands of cameras at most wedding. Custom profiles have been a life saver for me. The ones I have made have always looked fine and help to balance the different bodies together

That's the key. If done properly, custom camera calibration profiles can match a 'look' or color rendition across different models and even different brands with the necessity of applying presets on imports because the individual profiles can be set for specific cameras based upon serial number so that each profile can be fine tuned for that specific camera. This can really cut down on a lot of tedious tweaking when working in troublesome lighting conditions with multiple cameras.

Another advantage of custom camera profiles vs. Develop presets is that with profiles, it keeps all the other Develop sliders at their default positions to give you full range if you need it.

Nov 05, 2016 at 02:26 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Quick question for Mac users

nolaguy wrote:
---------------------------------------------

Would love to hear you both elaborate. I'm only beginning to explore presets.

Camera profiles =/= presets. I consider making an adjustment to the camera profile in LR the first thing to do when processing any image because the changes that it makes are fairly global and it is easier to make other adjustments after this is done instead of before. I generally like the Camera Portrait over Adobe Standard as it seems to pull up the shadow detail some and I like how it handles skin tones. I have a few presets that I have built, but I just use them as a starting point...and they all include using the Camera Portrait profile.

Nov 06, 2016 at 02:28 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Quick question for Mac users

joelconner wrote:

Perhaps I should try having my second shooters photograph my Color Checker Passport. In a not overly bright room at ISO 100, f/8, 1/250 and a TTL flash will get the job done. Worth a shot to see what the results would look like.

Nov 06, 2016 at 06:28 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password