Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · How to make sure files sent to printing services don't ge...

GiovanniAprea
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How to make sure files sent to printing services don't get used without permission?

Ok,

I know it might sound stupid but I send, from time to time, files to printing services since I don't print on my own (I would not even know how...), I know my pics are nothing anybody would want to steal but how does a photographer protects its own work when in such a situation?

Grazie

Nov 03, 2016 at 08:48 PM
lara_ckl
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How to make sure files sent to printing services don't get used without permission?

You can't.

(Below applies to US and Canada. Check local laws. Also, I am not a lawyer. Check with them too.)

If you have registered the image with the copyright office (can be done online), then, if your image is misused, you can sue for big bucks. Assuming your thief has deep pockets.

Nov 03, 2016 at 10:31 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How to make sure files sent to printing services don't get used without permission?

If someone steals your photos, hire the Mafia to talk to them.

Sorry, could not resist.

Nov 04, 2016 at 01:10 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tim Knutson
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How to make sure files sent to printing services don't get used without permission?

Just take crappy pictures and your golden.

Nov 04, 2016 at 01:25 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How to make sure files sent to printing services don't get used without permission?

Reminds me of a situation back in the late 70s. A friend worked at a print plant that printed the centerfolds for Playboy. One time one of the centerfold slides went missing never to be seen again - at least at the plant... And no - I never saw any of those slides.

Nov 04, 2016 at 01:58 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How to make sure files sent to printing services don't get used without permission?

Yeah, probably because those centerfold "slides" were actually 8x10 inch transparencies. Not any more, but certainly in the heyday of Playboy.

Nov 04, 2016 at 06:54 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password