New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · 1DXII - Viewfinder Info

niktnowy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1DXII - Viewfinder Info

I am a new owner of 1DX2 - Extremely pleased with performance.

There is not much to complain but I was wondering if there is an option to change color of info in viewfinder.
Right now all letters and icons are black and sometimes - especially in darker environment would be nice to change their appearance to something brighter.
I could not find answer or I missed it.
Any help is very appreciated

Thanks a lot

Nov 03, 2016 at 12:50 PM
wallstreetonei
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1DXII - Viewfinder Info

Not that I've found and it is the single biggest piss me off they made - 5dsr are in read and so much easier

Nov 03, 2016 at 01:34 PM
niktnowy
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1DXII - Viewfinder Info

That's sucks. Besides that this camera is amazing.
Thanks

Nov 04, 2016 at 01:24 PM
rabbitmountain
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1DXII - Viewfinder Info

No that cant be changed. The AF pints are in red now though

Nov 04, 2016 at 07:45 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 1DXII - Viewfinder Info

That's annoying as I think I'm going to upgrade from 1DX to 1DXII.

Time for our pitchforks fellow peasants, let's march on Canon HQ and demand justice.

Or we could send it as a suggestion for next fw upgrade, whichever is easier.

Nov 05, 2016 at 03:39 AM
rabbitmountain
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 1DXII - Viewfinder Info

Pixel Perfect wrote:
That's annoying as I think I'm going to upgrade from 1DX to 1DXII.

Really Whayne? Are you quite sure? Don't you own the 5DsR too?

Ralph

Nov 05, 2016 at 04:17 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 1DXII - Viewfinder Info

rabbitmountain wrote:
Really Whayne? Are you quite sure? Don't you own the 5DsR too?

Ralph

Yes I own the 5DsR, not sure how that's an issue for upgrading a 1DX. I think 1DXII + 5DsR makes more sense than 1DX/II + 5D4. I'd rather skip the 5D4 and wait to see what the 5Ds II brings to the table. Hard to see it not offering essentially a 5D4 with a lot more pixels, no AA, and at least 6fps. If 5DsII get duals digic 6+ or 7, then it could easily offer 6fps+ at 60MP. Maybe they'll also add improvements over 5D4 like they did with 5D3 when 5DsR came along.

Nov 05, 2016 at 06:25 PM
rabbitmountain
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 1DXII - Viewfinder Info

Well, it all depends on what you shoot most. To me, having shot the 5DsR for over 6 months, going back to 20mp just was too much going back for a camera that is double the price. while I had the 1Dx2 loaner (for three weeks) I soon realised that given what i shoot, i would still shoot 80% on the 5DsR, making no sense to have a €6400 body for 20% of what I shoot.
Additionally, one of the major features, 61pts at f/8, was diminished by the fact that I can simply take off my 1.4xiii and shoot the bare 100-400ii on the 5DsR with all 61pts and have almost the same reach, by cropping to 20mp. I tried a comparison and the cropped 5DsR + 100-400ii @400mm holds more detail than the 1Dx2 + 1.4xiii + 100-400ii @560mm.
Still remains the fact that the 1Dx2 can shoot high fps but so can the 1Dx which is what I'm planning to get I about a year or so when prices drop below 2500.
DR improvement is there, absolutely. But 50mp scaled down to 20mp theres only about one stop between them.

If you shoot a lot of high fps work or if you really want to squeeze out the max DR then it may be a good investment. For me it isn't.

Kind regards,
Ralph

Nov 05, 2016 at 06:47 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.