Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · does lightroom 6 support the fujifilm xt-2 raf files?

Ariel70
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · does lightroom 6 support the fujifilm xt-2 raf files?

I have no intention to get the lightroom cc and pay $10 forever, I'd prefer to pay $270 for C1 or something else, but no monthly subscription.
Thanks for your help.

Nov 02, 2016 at 11:49 PM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · does lightroom 6 support the fujifilm xt-2 raf files?

Yes. Just have it up to date.

Nov 03, 2016 at 01:00 AM
Ariel70
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · does lightroom 6 support the fujifilm xt-2 raf files?

Thanks, I needed to confirm that before buying it.

Nov 03, 2016 at 08:12 AM
Pavel
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · does lightroom 6 support the fujifilm xt-2 raf files?

Is the output good, or does it need time to be refined like the first Adobe efforts with X-trans? I tried the demo, and when I installed it, the program launched itself. Then I did't use it for a few days and it ate up all but two days of the stingy 7 day demo. But I did see some of what I found irritating in the past more refined.
I much prefer the look of other convertors, esp with Fuji files but though why not, seeing that it comes bundled with Photoshop, and now I have need of one tiny feature of photoshop - the channel mixer.

Doesn't Lightroom look identical to the conversion of Photoshop? Don't both use the the free Adobe Raw converter? I'm asking because I believe that to be the case but am not sure that they are identical, and may take a proper, longer, test drive of the output possibilities via Adobe Raw, which I could do at my leisure, unhurried.

Nov 03, 2016 at 10:51 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · does lightroom 6 support the fujifilm xt-2 raf files?

Lightroom and ACR use the same conversion software engine, and you can do excellent conversions of x-trans files with the Adobe products.

(I was once adamantly opposed to the software rental model that Adobe now employs, but I have to say that $10/month is really very reasonable, especially since you also get Photoshop (!) and ACR. I spend more than that at Starbucks!)

Dan

Nov 03, 2016 at 11:03 AM
traveler
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · does lightroom 6 support the fujifilm xt-2 raf files?

I pre paid for a year of the Adobe PS/LR CC package. So far the Photoshop has impressed me the most. I'll be ordering the On1 RAW when it comes out shortly and I'll compare them. If the On1 does the trick (which I really hope it does) I'll stop paying for the Adobe package next year when it comes due. The On1 RAW is only $120 one time only. I can live with that. It appears that it might be more versatile as well. It will largely depend if the RAF files come up looking best. We'll see

Nov 03, 2016 at 12:25 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.