Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Canon T3i made in Taiwan?

bootster
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon T3i made in Taiwan?

I was just looking at a Craigslist listing for a Canon item and stumbled across a picture of a Canon T3i that was made in Taiwan. Mine is made in Japan.

I know this isn't a big deal, but I was pretty surprised to see a camera made in Taiwan from Canon. Is this common? I know that Makita makes their tools in Japan, and if the item starts to sell with voracity, they start manufacturing in different countries. That's the way it used to be with them anyway. Is Canon set up that way as well?

Nov 02, 2016 at 05:58 PM
Max_Pain
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon T3i made in Taiwan?

Hadn't heard of it, but a quick Google search seems to show this has been known going back to at least the T1i in 2011, that I saw.

Nov 02, 2016 at 06:14 PM
bootster
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon T3i made in Taiwan?

The reason I said that is that when I was buying some tools, it would be a quick check as to where they were manufactured. The early models were Japan, and the latter ones were in Mexico, or somewhere else. I would always look for the Japanese ones.

Nov 02, 2016 at 06:23 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon T3i made in Taiwan?

I am not sure, but it may be about age; older bodies made in Taiwan?

Nov 02, 2016 at 06:48 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon T3i made in Taiwan?

I had an Elan 7E that was made in Japan but my Elan 7NE was from Taiwan. My two Rebel SL1 are Japan made but the kit lenses were made offshore.

Nov 04, 2016 at 12:44 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.