New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Got my D500!

SoundHound
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Got my D500!

Happy that it is so much like my D5. I bought a $50 Newer battery grip which seems to match and work just fine. Also I can use my gripped D800 L plate. Quite a lot of camera-on sale for less than $1800 with a spare battery.

Looking forward to shooting an event later this month side by side with a D5. I'm going to set the ISO @ 3200 with a F1.4 prime lens and compare it to my D5 @ ISO 12,800 with a F2.8 zoom.

Nov 02, 2016 at 10:07 PM
rick2906
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Got my D500!

congrats! The meike grip is really nice!! it has an built in rf receiver to use with the rf remote!! quite well thought and it works good too!!

Nov 02, 2016 at 10:32 PM
SoundHound
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Got my D500!

My 1st thought on the aftermarket grip is that it would serve until the Nikon prices dropped over time. However, I doubt if I will buy the Nikon grip now that I have used the Newer grip.

I am still smarting for some years after paying $450 for a first issue D800 battery grip. Goes to show that we never forget the good or the bad deals.

I really wonder what the Chinese could sell a premium reverse engineered camera for? They certainly have taken over the Arca Swiss accessories-selling essentially the same stuff for 1/3rd the price.

Nov 03, 2016 at 02:44 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password