p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Official Announcement: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II

http://www.olympus-global.com/en/news/2016b/nr161102em1mk2e.jsp

No price shown

Nov 02, 2016 at 05:11 AM
Bobg657
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Official Announcement: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II

US price is shown on getolympus.com at $1,999.99, that's really pushing it!

Nov 02, 2016 at 05:17 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Official Announcement: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Looks like $2,000US & $2,500CDN

https://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2016/11/01/olympus-e-m1-ii-first-shots-pricing-availability

Nov 02, 2016 at 05:17 AM
ajamils
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Official Announcement: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II

It's official. Price is $2000. I thought Fuji had gone nuts with X-T2 pricing but E-M1 MKII took it to a different level. I don't think there will be a lot of people running out to buy one.

Nov 02, 2016 at 05:20 AM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Official Announcement: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/olympus-om-d-e-m1-mark-ii

Nov 02, 2016 at 05:20 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Official Announcement: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II

ajamils wrote:
It's official. Price is $2000. I thought Fuji had gone nuts with X-T2 pricing but E-M1 MKII took it to a different level. I don't think there will be a lot of people running out to buy one.

That's what you think. As a DSLR owner, it sounds like a reasonable price for all it can do in a 4/3 format.

Nov 02, 2016 at 05:28 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Official Announcement: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Pre-orders at B&H

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1283565-REG/olympus_om_d_e_m1_mark_ii.html

Same price at Adorama.

Nov 02, 2016 at 05:29 AM
TMaG82
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Official Announcement: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II

I'm wondering why if they're touting this as an action shooters camera did they send testers to Iceland to shoot landscapes. Even the dpreview and Huff wrote that they didn't get to test AF much, if at all.

Nov 02, 2016 at 05:42 AM
Fred Amico
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Official Announcement: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II

A little too steep for me. Oh well...

Nov 02, 2016 at 05:46 AM
TMaG82
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Official Announcement: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II

ajamils wrote:

I would say that I don't think they'll be a lot of people running to switch to this. Those invested in the system with multiple lenses may pick it up but I doubt many will be dumping their existing gear.

What still gets me is how they can say that this would cost slightly more than the original and still keep a straight face. I had a feeling when they kept quiet on pricing for so long that it would be bad.

Nov 02, 2016 at 05:53 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Official Announcement: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II

I'm sure there will be lot more AF testing when more reviewers get their hands on a production model.

At $2,000, it had better perform exceptionally well in all aspects, considering you can get new Canon and Nikon crop cameras for $500 to $1,000 less.

Nov 02, 2016 at 05:59 AM
TMaG82
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Official Announcement: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II

If you read Ming's review on it, for someone who's super critical about a lot of cameras (he seems to have a disdain for Sony), he seems to be happy with it.

If you read what the ultra critical at times Ming Thein wrote,

"Its well-built, fully featured, ergonomically comfortable, fast, responsive, and moreover trust- inspiring, in a way that few cameras are. You have a high level of confidence in getting the shot you had in mind; and importantly, being able to do it under a wide range of shooting conditions."

" The EM1.2 is so supremely competent and sufficient that its really all the camera most people will ever need; in fact, it may well be a bit too much camera "

Nov 02, 2016 at 07:04 AM
Wolfie5

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Official Announcement: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Imagemaster wrote:
I'm sure there will be lot more AF testing when more reviewers get their hands on a production model.

At $2,000, it had better perform exceptionally well in all aspects, considering you can get new Canon and Nikon crop cameras for $500 to $1,000 less.

Yes - and the C & N cameras would be lesser cameras ... lacking 5.5 stops IBIS, WR sealing, 50MP high res, 60 fps, and unable to take a single M43 lens at all ...

Nov 02, 2016 at 10:02 AM
johnvanr
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Official Announcement: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II

I have two E-M1s and was planning to replace both of them, but at this price that's not going to happen unless the camera is a 1DX beater. I ordered one to try it. After all, if the AF is as good as they say it is, I could ditch a ton of gear and save a lot of money.

Nov 02, 2016 at 10:49 AM
ajamils
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Official Announcement: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II

How is a decent price for m4/3 camera when you can get a lot better IQ for less? Sure, it has all the bells and whistles but in the end its all about image quality and having used m4/3 camera with 20mpx sensor I can always tell you what kinda results it will produce. Unless Olympus has somehow over come the m4/3 issues it will still have noise (even at base ISO) in uniform color areas like sky and horrible high ISO performance, sure the pictures will be in focus

At this price point where it is more expensive than all APS-C cameras and even most full frame camera it better have the AF of D500 and IQ close to best of the best otherwise there is no point.
Imagemaster wrote:
That's what you think. As a DSLR owner, it sounds like a reasonable price for all it can do in a 4/3 format.

Nov 02, 2016 at 11:45 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Official Announcement: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Wolfie5 wrote:
Yes - and the C & N cameras would be lesser cameras ... lacking 5.5 stops IBIS, WR sealing, 50MP high res, 60 fps, and unable to take a single M43 lens at all ...

In your opinion, of course. Try posting more factual comparisons instead of hype.

The C & N cameras have WR sealing. They can capture small, fast & erratic flying birds in flight. Have not seen a single example of that from the Oly yet.

The Oly does not take a 50MP image in a single shot and the 60fps is not in continuous AF mode.

And one does not need either IBIS or IS when shooting action. And most C & N owners don't want to put a M43 lens on their bodies.

Show me some comparable difficult action shots with the Oly to convince me.

If the Oly is better than the C & N cameras, then I will expect to see the pro sports shooters using it a major sporting events. After all, the proof is in the pudding.

Nov 02, 2016 at 03:13 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Official Announcement: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II

ajamils wrote:
How is a decent price for m4/3 camera when you can get a lot better IQ for less? Sure, it has all the bells and whistles but in the end its all about image quality and having used m4/3 camera with 20mpx sensor I can always tell you what kinda results it will produce. Unless Olympus has somehow over come the m4/3 issues it will still have noise (even at base ISO) in uniform color areas like sky and horrible high ISO performance, sure the pictures will be in focus

Well I sort of agree with you. However, I see lot of great images from existing Oly bodies, and you seem to think the 4/3 system is good, according to your 500px site.

And you are missing the point as to why many, many people choose the 4/3 system ----- size & weight.

Nov 02, 2016 at 03:22 PM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Official Announcement: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II

No, it's not all about IQ. If it is, don't even bother to look at this camera ... at any price. If you want IQ think A7R II.

ajamils wrote:

At this price point where it is more expensive than
...Show more

Nov 02, 2016 at 03:33 PM
Ivo Silva

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Official Announcement: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Too much for me at this point in time.

Specifically considering I just got brand new E-M1 PRO kit (Body + 12-40 PRO + 40-150 PRO) for 2150....with 2.5 Year warranty from Olynpus Europe. This is what I call a deal.

Anyway, I will probably get the Mark II at some point within the next 3 years.

Regarding price and market positioning I feed Olympus did a disservice to current E-m1 owners by going "all out" on specs and price accordingly.

They should have done a more modest upgrade (sensor, better AF and the upgraded 5 axis and like 200$ more) and then release another model something like "E-MZero" with all the bells and whistles(Body, speed deamon, dual cards, etc) in a stepped up position above the current models...with the added price to boot. That would not leaved as many current e-m1 owners feeling left out and would make more sense as a strategy. That's my 5cts worth of logic...

Nov 02, 2016 at 03:34 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Official Announcement: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Ivo Silva wrote:
They should have done a more modest upgrade (sensor, better AF and the upgraded 5 axis and like 200$ more) and then release another model something like "E-MZero" with all the bells and whistles(Body, speed deamon, dual cards, etc) in a stepped up position above the current models...with the added price to boot. That would not leaved as many current e-m1 owners feeling left out and would make more sense as a strategy. That's my 5cts worth of logic...

That would have been a silly marketing move by Olympus. Olympus owners, plus owners of other brands, are ALWAYS complaining about the new models not being enough of an upgrade. This upgrade is not only to attract present Oly owners who want MAJOR upgrades, but also to attract DSLR owners who are on the fence about deciding whether or not to move to a 4/3 system.

Great marketing by Oly, IMO.

Nov 02, 2016 at 04:37 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password