Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Girls Club Soccer

mikekeating
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Girls Club Soccer

Well, the season is winding down, just the state cups to go really. Covered (ok really just drove my daughter) 4 of the games this weekend. The team played with grit, they were 3 people down due to injuries. Only had one sub for the first game (and that was the back-up goalie) . . .somehow the team dug deep and pulled off an unbelievable 4 game stretch to move onto the semi-finals.

Some highlights, and low-lights (will explain) below.

Pali Smith fights off a defender in the opener

Eva Hart watches her shot in the opener

The Back-up goalie is forced to take the field as injuries pile up. She scored on this breakaway

Hannah Kohatsu crashes the goal

Upset that I cut off the arms in this one.

Nov 02, 2016 at 02:43 AM
mikekeating
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Girls Club Soccer

Some more from the matches.

In the last frame, it was heartbreaking to witness. The young girl in red had suffered a concussion in a game during the fall of 2014, it was a nasty (but clean) tackle. It took her over a year to recover from the concussion. She wound up having to repeat her sophomore year in High School as she missed that much school from the lingering effects. Right after this tackle, she hits the ground, her concussion band comes off and the player in blue rolls up on her and pushes her head into the ground. After the hit, the poor girl did not know where she was, what she was doing and had problems remembering team mates. She had to be helped to the family car an hour later as she was still wobbly. This was probably her last game in soccer.

Pali Smith draws the PK and still gets the shot off in the Quarterfinals

Katie Hull is tackled from behind in the box

Nov 02, 2016 at 02:51 AM
schlotz
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Girls Club Soccer

Morning games, boy do I remember those. Never sure who is going to 'show up' to play i.e. are we awake yet Low hot sun can really be a PITA but the first two are still pretty good. Really like the last 2 afternoon game shots in particular the last one. Great frame Mike!

Concussions: your description brings back very sad memories of our daughter who went through a very similar experience. In her case it was a career ending event. She had won 4 state championships with her club (around here club soccer is king vs high school) and had to withdraw in her senior year. It brings to light the serious injuries that can linger for extended periods and why it's so important to guard against. Our prayers are with the injured girl. Parents with football players take note!

Matt

Nov 02, 2016 at 11:50 AM
mikekeating
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Girls Club Soccer

Thanks Matt, I am still playing with my processing for these harsh light games. I think I went a bit overboard on the first shot. May back off on the shadows/highlight adjustments I made. Got a hot spot on a face and the legs just look strange to me.

Nov 02, 2016 at 02:15 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password