New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

I guess I'm done here.

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · I guess I'm done here.

OldListener wrote:
I tried to start a thread today and found that I can't upload an image without joining "Upload & Sell" which costs money.

I see a button for inserting a link but that's not the same as inserting or attaching an image. I often want to insert/attach an image that is not already on some other website.

If I got to the point of using FredMiranda.com enough to warrant paying to post, I would. No chance that I'm going to do that now.

Dear OldListener,
I'm sad to hear you are unhappy with the site.
FM is not a subscription site. Participation is free for the entire forum including the two Buy & Sell boards.
You may also link images to any of your posts without having to purchase the "Upload and Sell" service.

The Upload and Sell service is optional and it's very popular because it offers many benefits in addition to Image Upload. It lets you sell photography related items without having to pay any transaction fee based on items's price. It also allows you to sell as many items as you wish for the duration of your plan. As an example, our 1-year plan costs less than $2.50/month.

All the best,
Fred

Nov 03, 2016 at 06:47 PM
AmbientMike
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · I guess I'm done here.

I use imageshack.com. I can tap on it, and get a link. I'd think that you could click on it, or copy&paste on your computer. I don't think the images stay up for a year, though.

I had to play with it a bit to figure out which link worked, I use the Direct link.

If you are going to sell gear, eBay takes a good chunk. You'd probably come out ahead selling here, especially if you are selling expensive stuff. You don't need a paid membership to buy from here, afaik.

Nov 06, 2016 at 04:43 PM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · I guess I'm done here.

You can post images on the m43 forum for free but you do have to sign up as a member.

http://www.mu-43.com/forums/

There are quite a few photography forums out there but nothing beats the FM Forum in my opinion. You can learn a lot; be a much better photographer and be better informed about gear choices, etc.

Nov 06, 2016 at 06:58 PM
Julius
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · I guess I'm done here.

Fred Miranda Forums are excellent, this is my most frequently visited Website.

Fred keeps these forums under control and you feel like you are a member of a one big family.

The proof is that Fred started this site in 2001 December and I am a satisfied and happy member since January 2002, just weeks after he started it.

I feel like Fred is like a good old time friend of mine and all of yours on this forum..

Nov 06, 2016 at 11:10 PM
Jorgen Udvang
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · I guess I'm done here.

Someone discovers that he has to pay something to get something. Oh well... my parents told me that more than 50 years ago. Not difficult to remember.

Nov 07, 2016 at 12:54 AM
millsart
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · I guess I'm done here.

Given we've established that A) you prefer to take the laziest route possible and can't even be bothered to learn how to insert a linked image for free which people kindly offered to instruct you to do B) apparently want something for nothing and won't pay the very fair price this site charges for images hosting and C) seem sort of a diva by starting a thread just to complain and tell us your leaving all I can say is......

Nov 07, 2016 at 02:40 AM
Fred Amico
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · I guess I'm done here.

^^

Nov 07, 2016 at 04:58 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · I guess I'm done here.

OP, hope you got a fat ass; that way the door slamming up against it on your way out won't hurt so much.

Nov 07, 2016 at 11:18 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · I guess I'm done here.

Jorgen Udvang wrote:
Someone discovers that he has to pay something to get something. Oh well... my parents told me that more than 50 years ago. Not difficult to remember.

Jorgen, well, that is no longer the case in these days and times in this country - and many others - where not only the expectation is such but also the reality is that I get all my shite for free.

Nov 07, 2016 at 11:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Fred Amico
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · I guess I'm done here.

Looks like he might be staying for awhile. This just posted:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1459209

Nov 07, 2016 at 11:45 PM
Jorgen Udvang
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · I guess I'm done here.

anthonysemone wrote:
Jorgen, well, that is no longer the case in these days and times in this country - and many others - where not only the expectation is such but also the reality is that I get all my shite for free.

That is what "they" want you to think. Experience has it that "there ain't no such thing as a free lunch".

Nov 08, 2016 at 04:41 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · I guess I'm done here.

indeed so, Jorgen, indeed.

Nov 08, 2016 at 01:09 PM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · I guess I'm done here.

Be nice guys, and let's not behave like our new President!!!

anthonysemone wrote:

Nov 09, 2016 at 11:37 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · I guess I'm done here.

I'm actually proud to behave like our new President, bobbytan.... calling it as I see it is something I actually aspire to, and, while I many times miss the mark, this time (and others as well) I have not. I have lost brothers and sisters who have died for your, his and my right to speak our mind. To do otherwise would render their sacrifice irrelevant.

Nov 10, 2016 at 12:13 AM
cputeq
• • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · I guess I'm done here.

OldListener wrote[/b. I also have a SmugMug account which I use to combine text and images to describe nature oriented outings to our local and online friends. I do not want to turn my SmugMug account into a junkbox of random photos used elsewhere. I have a dropbox account but need to keep it for exchanging material for projects.

This is what I don't understand.

I was going to suggest Smugmug, which has an easy-to-grab link to the file (unlike Flickr, what a pain), but it seems you already have it.

However, you don't want to turn your Smugmug into a "junkbox of random photos", implying you want to upload your "junkbox" directly to FM, but don't want to pay for it?

Smugmug is ridiculously easy to organize - just make a 'junkbox' gallery (unlisted) and be done with it, grab the link from there and paste in here. Viola.

I guess I fail to see the problem.

$29 is well worth the admission to avoid other forums' noise

Nov 10, 2016 at 05:00 AM
Kit Laughlin
• • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · I guess I'm done here.

Let's see: we'll start a list for items of perceived equivalent value to the $29 cost of annual Pay Upload here at FM (I pay basically because I run a pretty big forum of my own, and I know how much energy this takes; go Fred):

Hmmm. Can't think of one. Eight cups of coffee? Others?

Dec 10, 2016 at 08:56 PM
Julius
• • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · I guess I'm done here.

anthonysemone wrote:
I'm actually proud to behave like our new President, bobbytan.... calling it as I see it is something I actually aspire to, and, while I many times miss the mark, this time (and others as well) I have not. I have lost brothers and sisters who have died for your, his and my right to speak our mind. To do otherwise would render their sacrifice irrelevant.

+1

Dec 11, 2016 at 04:02 PM
       end

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password