New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Two more dumb questions about calibration

pixlepeeper
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Two more dumb questions about calibration

1- Does the dust on the display affect the calibration? I don't dare to wipe the display for the fear of it getting smeared. So I use a hairdryer (on cold mode of course) to dust the surface but there is still a lot of dust on the dosplay.

2- I use Color Munki and it has a light sensor. What I understand for the function of such a sensor is that it should adjust monitor brightness based on the ambient light. But in practice CM wants me to recalibrate each time I turn the monitor on, if the light sensor is chosen at the time of calibration. Am I doing something wrong?

Nov 01, 2016 at 04:34 PM
Pavel
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Two more dumb questions about calibration

I have, but don't any longer use, an X-rite i1 which had the same room lighting sensor feature done in a more primitive way. Now it has been a long time, but I thought that the software, once calibrated, was supposed to simply work in the background and change the luminance, not prod for a new profile.

I quickly learned that to get any decent profiles I needed to upgrade to other than X-rite's software. In the future (soon) when I look for a new solution, X-Rite will be way down the list of considered pucks, due to how quickly they obsolete support for old hardware and feature cripple software until you pay through the nose.

It may bear investigating if there are other software solutions to use with your puck, I think, if it is not working as expected.

And just wipe the dang screen with a soft lens cleaning cloth and some solution.

Which OS and monitor are you running?

Nov 01, 2016 at 07:03 PM
pixlepeeper
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Two more dumb questions about calibration

Mac OS and Deell 27something (can't remember). I'll see if DispCal can do that.

Nov 02, 2016 at 05:19 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password