New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · D610 ISO button location

RogerC11
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D610 ISO button location

Is there any way I can reassign the ISO button to the DOF preview or FN button? I find the default location extremely frustrating and haven't been able to successfully reassign this function. I have tried the custom function menu with no luck. Anybody have a solution?

Nov 01, 2016 at 09:49 AM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D610 ISO button location

You can either turn on "Easy ISO" so the control wheel not in use always changes the ISO (except in Manual mode), or you can set the Fn button to access the top item in "My Menu" and put ISO in the top spot of "My Menu".

Nov 01, 2016 at 09:55 AM
RogerC11
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D610 ISO button location

CanadaMark wrote:
You can either turn on "Easy ISO" so the control wheel not in use always changes the ISO (except in Manual mode), or you can set the Fn button to access the top item in "My Menu" and put ISO in the top spot of "My Menu".

I tried this but when I press the Fn button it just brings up the menu again on the lcd. I'm trying to have it where I can adjust the ISO by using either of the wheels while holding down one of the buttons accessible by my right hand and not having to hold the camera at the bottom corner on the ISO button with my support hand. It's just so awkward that way while I have the viewfinder up to my eye. Unfortunately the Easy ISO option is of no use for me because I only shoot in Manual.

Nov 01, 2016 at 08:33 PM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D610 ISO button location

If you turn on "Easy ISO" and aren't in manual mode, you can just turn the dials and it will change ISO. That is probably the 'easiest' solution if you don't like how the "My Menu" trick works.

Nov 02, 2016 at 10:31 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.