imagesbyt

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Victoria, using my favorite lighting setup

Nov 01, 2016 at 12:07 AM
4meNex7
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Victoria, using my favorite lighting setup

The color appears to be off in this image. Her cheek is blown out. The color of the left side of her midriff looks really weird. Her left hand is OOF, and her leg is much lighter than the rest of her body. There are very noticeable sharpening artifacts around different parts of the image, most noticeable on both sides of the wand. There are also processing artifacts, or movement blur, around her right hand. Otherwise it's a nice image, and the model is very attractive. I hope my critique will help.
Regards
Ed

Nov 01, 2016 at 04:09 PM
rodmcwha
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Victoria, using my favorite lighting setup

Other than that, mrs Lincoln, how did you like the play?

Nov 01, 2016 at 04:17 PM
imagesbyt

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Victoria, using my favorite lighting setup

4meNex7 wrote:
The color appears to be off in this image.

False - did you copy and paste that verbiage from my critique of your friend's flat, unflattering image of her daughter?

4meNex7 wrote:
Her cheek is blown out.

False

4meNex7 wrote:
The color of the left side of her midriff looks really weird.

False

4meNex7 wrote:
Her left hand is OOF

Do you know what DOF means?

4meNex7 wrote:
and her leg is much lighter than the rest of her body

Yes, that's because of the lighting, and slight dodgiing and burning - a very common technique for this kind of photo

4meNex7 wrote:
Otherwise it's a nice image

Thanks! This image was on the cover of a Houston magazine about 8 years ago.

4meNex7 wrote:
, and the model is very attractive.

Completely irrelevant to the critique of a photo

4meNex7 wrote:
I hope my critique will help.

Not only was it unhelpful, but it filled with falseness.

Please get facts straight before critiqing images.

Upon searching your threads, it became quickly apparent why you posted the things you did... lack of knowledge is primary, but secondarily, your continual praise for someone whose image I recently gave some negative critique to.

Please, refrain from even commenting on my images in the future. thanks

Nov 02, 2016 at 03:44 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Victoria, using my favorite lighting setup

Deleted.

Edited on Nov 02, 2016 at 05:34 PM · View previous versions

Nov 02, 2016 at 05:03 PM
4meNex7
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Victoria, using my favorite lighting setup

All I did was give my opinion on your image. Why is it that you can give comments on other's images, but get upset when yours are critiqued? I gave my honest opinion on your image. In replies to your posts I never questioned or attacked your abilities. I never said you were rude to your comments on an image. Your rudeness came with your refusal to accept a poster not wanting an image edited. Your very hostile response to my critique of your flawed image shows you are unable to take constructive criticism. To say critiquing one of your images on what you claim is a public forum is "stalking" your thread, shows you only see the forum as "public" when the comments are to your liking. You need not worry about my commenting on your images. Your hostility shows you are not the least bit open to criticism.

1. On the calibrated monitor we use for final production, her cheek is the product of a poor attempt to process her skin.
2. The left hand is not a case of DOF. There is a definite case of blur on parts of the hand.
3. The color at the left side of the midriff is very unnatural, like that of a corpse.
4. The lighting on the leg is wrong, for whatever reason
5 . There are over sharpening artifacts at different parts of the image, very noticeable on the wand she is holding.
6. The right hand show motion blur, which can not be passed off as DOF as there are processing artifacts near the hand.
7. The overall color of the image is not pleasing to the eye'
8. And like I said. Whatever I feel about your work, the model is attractive.
9. My critique was intended to help
10. I did get my facts straight.
11. Do.t worry about future comments, you hold the distinction of being the first forum member that I have blocked.

Nov 02, 2016 at 05:07 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Victoria, using my favorite lighting setup

4meNex7 wrote:
All I did was give my opinion on your image. Why is it that you can give comments on other's images, but get upset when yours are critiqued? I gave my honest opinion on your image. In replies to your posts I never questioned or attacked your abilities. I never said you were rude to your comments on an image. Your rudeness came with your refusal to accept a poster not wanting an image edited. Your very hostile response to my critique of your flawed image shows you are unable to take constructive criticism. To say critiquing one of
...Show more

Your critique is all spot on, I totally agree.

Nov 02, 2016 at 05:17 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Victoria, using my favorite lighting setup

I like it (well, maybe not the whip)

Nov 02, 2016 at 06:11 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.