New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Misc. Summer Shots

KristinSmall
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Misc. Summer Shots

Just going through some recent sessions as I continue to edit my huge pile of fall Senior sessions. Here are some favorites . . .

1.) Guy Senior:

2.) Girl Senior:

3.)

4.)

5.) A fun one (her idea.):

6.) 20 year Anniversary shot:

7.) One more guy Senior.

8.)

Oct 31, 2016 at 11:49 AM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Misc. Summer Shots

A very nice and creative set. I think I like the first and last the best. The lack of a smile in #1 keeps drawing me back to the pic. To figure him out. Is he more mature than his age or is he just got a great resting serious face? Very well composed with the stairs and backdrop blurred nicely. Many seem not like eyes completely averted but I like the last a lot. The angle of his head with his short hair creates a strong diagonal that takes our eyes right to the guitar and the whole thing is converted just so.

The only one I really do not like is #4 with the strong glare. She kind of disappears. In #2, I like the overall composition with the surrounding flowers. Very pretty. I only wish her head were pointed up a bit more so the point of focus would be more on her eyes rather than her forehead. Perhaps darkening her forehead a notch could help. The next is nice, too. Extremely quiet, natural colors. Good selective focus on eyes. I might have liked to have seen some color contrast, more reds perhaps. Maybe bringing out the red in her hair a bit more or a red shoe or some red in her dress. Watch out for cropping the foot even if out of focus.

Oct 31, 2016 at 12:12 PM
KristinSmall
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Misc. Summer Shots

Thanks so much for the detailed feedback! Great thoughts. I have to say that #3 was, by far, their favorite from the set. She is an artist, so a big reason, but I think it flatters her, too.

Oct 31, 2016 at 12:32 PM
Vcook
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Misc. Summer Shots

#6, did they get married when they were 15??!! 20 years?!

Oct 31, 2016 at 12:50 PM
KristinSmall
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Misc. Summer Shots

Ha. They look great, huh? She is around 43 and he is turning 40 this weekend (he did get married at age 19!)

Oct 31, 2016 at 01:40 PM
GoodEgg
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Misc. Summer Shots

What a great bunch, Kristin. I'd be proud to have images like these in my portfolio.

Oct 31, 2016 at 07:52 PM
KristinSmall
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Misc. Summer Shots

Thank you!

Nov 01, 2016 at 03:23 PM
4meNex7
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Misc. Summer Shots

Great series. Nice work. Thanks for sharing.
Ed

Nov 01, 2016 at 06:34 PM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Misc. Summer Shots

2,3 and 4 for me.
I'd loose 1. The crossed arms and his crotch staring me in the face lol just does nothing for him. He would have been better sitting on the steps behind him.

The guitarist just doesn't work in that environment. If it was an acoustic guitar maybe. He needed a solid background or ideally a studio setup.

Regards
Bud

Nov 01, 2016 at 06:45 PM
KristinSmall
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Misc. Summer Shots

4meNex7 wrote:
Great series. Nice work. Thanks for sharing.
Ed

---------------------------------------------

Thank you!

bbourizk wrote:
2,3 and 4 for me.
I'd loose 1. The crossed arms and his crotch staring me in the face lol just does nothing for him. He would have been better sitting on the steps behind him.

The guitarist just doesn't work in that environment. If it was an acoustic guitar maybe. He needed a solid background or ideally a studio setup.

Regards
Bud

Thanks for the feedback, Bud. Too late on pose #1 -- they already got and love. I honestly never saw it the way you describe, but it's interesting to get another perspective. I wasn't crazy about the background for the guitarist, either, but he grabbed it at the last minute. I hope the B&W is less distracting because now we love the shot. Good thoughts! I hope to have a studio some day.

Nov 02, 2016 at 10:08 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.