Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

On site slideshows done easy?

Depth of Feel
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · On site slideshows done easy?

What is the easiest way to do an onsite slide show? I have a couple d750's that have a wifi feature that I've never used.

I assume there might be a way to mark certain images in camera throughout the day and then have them sent via wifi to an third device or pop my secondary sd card (raw + jpeg ) into something and hit play.

What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks!

Oct 31, 2016 at 12:44 AM
FrancisK7
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · On site slideshows done easy?

I did an on site slideshow for almost all my weddings this year. When we come in for reception at dinner I quickly transfer the cards on my macbook pro. Use Photomechanic to cull between 80-100 photos. I know what I need and what to look for so it goes quickly (20 minutes tops). Then I import the selection in LR, edit as usual, export in JPEG. I then import those JPEG into an Animoto project I made before hand. The music, title, outro, etc. is all setup. It's just a matter of drag and dropping the photos, pressing produce and wait until the video is rendered. Then I download it as an MP4 and hit play. Animoto works in the cloud only, so you need wifi or a phone with data you can tether. Otherwise I use ProShow, a powerful offline slideshow editor, but is a lot less user friendly.

You can mark select photos as protected and use this to filter photos probably. We shoot with D750s too but never bothered with the wifi function. I assume the computer you are transferring the photos onto has to be on the same network as the camera, which means you'd have to bring your own router to setup a local network. Not all venues have wi-fi. Or you use phone as a hotspot and thether to both camera and computer. Then you could use Fasttone image viewer, browse to the watch folder and hit play for an instantaneous slideshow. I never considered that option because clients will never see a SOOC image from me, so have to cull and edit anyway.

Oct 31, 2016 at 03:16 AM
GoodEgg
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · On site slideshows done easy?

This might help Francis more than DoFeel: < ;https://help.animoto.com/hc/en-us/articles/218028618-Now-supported-Retrieve-photos-from-Adobe-Creative-Cloud-s-Lightroom-CC>;

Oct 31, 2016 at 03:26 AM
Depth of Feel
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · On site slideshows done easy?

Franic that is WAY more work then I want to be doing.

I think ill just bring my imac and do it on that. Photomechanic has a slideshow feature and I'm not going edit anything for the slideshow. I want the whole porcess to take less then 20 minutes from setup to play.

Oct 31, 2016 at 10:47 PM
wenkanzhu
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · On site slideshows done easy?

Depth of Feel wrote:
Franic that is WAY more work then I want to be doing.

I think ill just bring my imac and do it on that. Photomechanic has a slideshow feature and I'm not going edit anything for the slideshow. I want the whole porcess to take less then 20 minutes from setup to play.

Actually animoto has an iphone app and support making slideshows (but not seamless with the web version). There also are some ultra portable projectors has battery and speaker built in, which support direct play from the phone. So if you keep transferring photos to your phone on any occasions during the day, you probably be able to make a slide show really fast on your phone. But personally I prefer working on a computer than sending to the phone.

Nov 01, 2016 at 04:07 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password