Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Easiest way to do a on site day of slide show?

Depth of Feel
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Easiest way to do a on site day of slide show?

What is the easiest way to do an onsite slide show? I have a couple d750's that have a wifi feature that I've never used.

I assume there might be a way to mark certain images in camera through out the day and then have them sent via wifi to an third device or pop my secondary sd card (raw + jpeg ) into something and hit play.

What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks!

Oct 31, 2016 at 12:30 AM
ariot
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Easiest way to do a on site day of slide show?

How much time to prep the show?

I've done OOC JPEGS to Flickr in about 15 minutes for work (minor edits to JPEG, batch resize write to Flickr, second person pulls them up in the album on Flickr and runs show) The added benefit is that other people who need the files can pull them for social media and get that out (or whatever).

If you have a second person running cards, anyway you want to do it will work.

I wouldn't wifi anything from the camera. I'd want to pull the files via USB then use a good internet connection to move them ifi needed.

That depends on how you are presenting though, from a laptop on site to a projector? Or on the other side of the world? How many images or how long is the slideshow duration? (Rhetorical questions to consider)

Oct 31, 2016 at 12:37 AM
Depth of Feel
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Easiest way to do a on site day of slide show?

Oh shoot, this was supposed to be posted in the wedding forum.... Can a mod move it? OR should I delete or cross post?

I want to pull the sd card out of the camera and stick it into a tv smart tv, laptop, or apply tv style device, or even my imac, and have it play just certain images. When I shot canon there was a way to mark images in camera, I don't remember if nikon has that.

I just started a new thread in the wedding forum. This can stay or be deleted if a mod wants.

Oct 31, 2016 at 12:43 AM
Spectro
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Easiest way to do a on site day of slide show?

Depends how much time you have. The Lightroom slide show feature is very good and you can add music and time the slide show to the music or loop the music based on a specified photo interval. It can be exported to 720p or 1080p. I've used it for athletic banquets where they only give me about 90 minutes to make it after a day if shooting and I have no problem but I can edit fast using Photo Mechanic. I have also used it in wedding packages.

Oct 31, 2016 at 02:57 AM
Depth of Feel
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Easiest way to do a on site day of slide show?

Lets assume I have 10-15 minutes tops from start to finish including set up. I don't need music. 720-1080 is fine.

After looking for 10 minutes I guess my d750 doesnt allow rating in camera as far as I can tell. So that means there wont be an easy solution. Looks like I am going to have to use laptop or imac to make this happen.

Oct 31, 2016 at 03:19 AM
gyoung143
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Easiest way to do a on site day of slide show?

I've tried playing from an sd card on a tv, doesn't seem to be a reliable way of determining what order they play in on our Samsung tv, and no selection.
Now I use Lightroom to put it together and export to a pdf. Or a freebie called Irfanview will make a slideshow you can save as an .exe file, although many email systems don't allow sending .exe files as an attachment, so you need to rename them before sending (as .exf or something) and then rename back at the other end.

Gerry

Oct 31, 2016 at 09:31 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Depth of Feel
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Easiest way to do a on site day of slide show?

I think what I am going to have to do is take my sd card, slam it into an imac or similar, open photo mechanic, pick a quick set, and run the slideshow through that. My copy of photo mechanic does slide shows. I don't need anything fancy at all. Just a way to say I offer that feature, and a place put to biz cards. Lightroom adds an extra step I dont need and I dont want the option to edit anything or I'll get bogged down.

Oct 31, 2016 at 10:23 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Easiest way to do a on site day of slide show?

Scrrensaver and use the option to choose a folder. Put your chosen images in that folder.

Oct 31, 2016 at 01:04 PM
Spectro
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Easiest way to do a on site day of slide show?

If you have access to a modern TV like a Samsung that has a USB port and you are familiar with Photo Mechanic editing you can do a quick tag of the photos you want to show and copy the tagged photos directly to a USB memory stick. The TV should have a suitable engine to run the slide show. I do this frequently during ski racing season and other the parents and coaches grab up my cards and order on line. It takes minimal time to set up.

Oct 31, 2016 at 04:08 PM
rjb6893
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Easiest way to do a on site day of slide show?

+1 on the USB memory stick. I take a 5-year-old Toshiba 32" TV (with USB port) to all the bridal shows I attend. Plug in the stick and use the "Slide Show" option on the TV via the remote. With the stick, I can easily modify the show content with updates, regional interests, etc.

Oct 31, 2016 at 05:53 PM
Depth of Feel
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Easiest way to do a on site day of slide show?

Spectro wrote:
If you have access to a modern TV like a Samsung that has a USB port and you are familiar with Photo Mechanic editing you can do a quick tag of the photos you want to show and copy the tagged photos directly to a USB memory stick. The TV should have a suitable engine to run the slide show. I do this frequently during ski racing season and other the parents and coaches grab up my cards and order on line. It takes minimal time to set up.

So I need a computer anyway to edit down. So why add a step of copying to a usb stick when I can just do the slideshow right on the imac within seconds of doing the selection in photo mechanic?

Oct 31, 2016 at 10:38 PM
Spectro
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Easiest way to do a on site day of slide show?

I didn't say you shouldn't. I was just offering a friendly suggestion that has worked well for me many times.

Nov 01, 2016 at 11:44 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password