Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · XT-2 hot shoe & remote triggers (Yongnuo)

polishbroadcas

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · XT-2 hot shoe & remote triggers (Yongnuo)

I just got an X-T2 and am loving it a bunch but something is confusing me that I'm sure has something to do with the setting on the X-T2 or some change to the hotshoe from the XT-1.

I have 2 Yongnuo flashes (YN560 IV) and transmitters (RF-605C). They always worked fine on my X-T1. On the X-T2 the transmitter screen starts blinking when the camera is turned on and only the groups can be toggled—but have no effect. The flashes always fire even if the groups are off. It seems like the X-T2 is sending some kind of control signal to the transmitter that the X-T1 did not send, and is putting the transceiver into a "ready" mode that can't be undone.

Does anyone else use these triggers or notice a difference from the X-T1 hotshoe to the X-T2?

Oct 30, 2016 at 05:56 PM
Codda

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · XT-2 hot shoe & remote triggers (Yongnuo)

I know it doesn't address your gear directly but FWIW ... I use a pair of Yongnuo 603's that work perfectly with both cameras.

Oct 31, 2016 at 06:24 AM
polishbroadcas

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · XT-2 hot shoe & remote triggers (Yongnuo)

Thanks Codda.

Can you use your 603 as a remote release as well? The loss of groups is not a big deal but wireless release no longer works.

I'm going to reach out to Yongnuo. They are good about responding.

Oct 31, 2016 at 11:27 AM
Codda

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · XT-2 hot shoe & remote triggers (Yongnuo)

Yes ... They will fire a flash and shutter. Each one is both a trigger and receiver. They will fire off camera as well.

Oct 31, 2016 at 01:17 PM
polishbroadcas

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · XT-2 hot shoe & remote triggers (Yongnuo)

I heard back from Yongnuo with a non-answer: "these are meant to work with Canon so we can't say how they will work with other cameras".

Since the RF605's worked fine on my X-T1 I figured it was a change in how the X-T2 treated the hot shoe. Solution: disable the other signal pin on the RF605. There are only 2 pins that do anything: the center pin and the one that leads to the wire marked "W". You can disable the "W" pin by taping over the exposed trace with really any kind of non-conductive tape. The RF605 is very easy to open with a small phillips screwdriver.

http://i.imgur.com/ccnLPm6l.jpg

The result is fully functional triggering and wireless shutter release (including half-press) with the X-T2 with the RF605C. FWIW mine are v1.0 on the side of the box so this may not be an issue for later RF605's.

Nov 01, 2016 at 10:21 PM
Codda

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · XT-2 hot shoe & remote triggers (Yongnuo)

Resourcefulness ... way to go ... enjoy

Nov 02, 2016 at 06:32 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.