New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · clone tool in LR CC

CosmicCruiser
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · clone tool in LR CC

I've been noticing that when I use the clone tool in LR CC part of the image unerased in view. Yes, I know the feathering, etc. seems if I swap back and forth between Clone & Heal it may or may not make a difference.Of course opacity is at 100%. Any ideas? If need be I can post an example.

Oct 30, 2016 at 04:35 PM
butchM
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · clone tool in LR CC

It could be very helpful if you would post an example.

Oct 31, 2016 at 11:02 AM
CosmicCruiser
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · clone tool in LR CC

look at the green sign on the porch of the bldg. I am trying to clone it out but it still stays partly visible like the opacity is reduced. here the feather was 72% and opacity 100%

Oct 31, 2016 at 02:39 PM
CosmicCruiser
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · clone tool in LR CC

and I chose Clone not Heal

Oct 31, 2016 at 02:40 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · clone tool in LR CC

Double C..
I always try this first(CS6)> I use the Rectangular Marque Box and select around the sign, then right click> Fill> Content Aware. It works great about 90% of the time. You may have to do it in tiny bits so as the RectMarTool doesn't apply to much of the outside content. What I can't get rid of, I use the same box, then Clone Tool and fill inside the box so as not to disturb what is outside the box. That usually does it 100%. It may require a little fine tuning but is another avenue to try.
Good luck!
Dan

Nov 01, 2016 at 08:37 AM
CosmicCruiser
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · clone tool in LR CC

Thanks, Dan. I was trying to stay in LR but this is worth a try. I'm wondering if there's not a little flaw in my last update to LR. Didn't always have this problem. Thanks again, CC

Nov 01, 2016 at 08:58 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · clone tool in LR CC

So LR does not have the Marque Rectangular Tool? That is a big disappointment. Its function it just too good to be true.
Dan

PM coming..

Nov 01, 2016 at 04:28 PM
CosmicCruiser
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · clone tool in LR CC

no the Clone tool allows you to drag the curser over the area you want to clone. Then it selects the area it thinks fits but you can drag the selected area to wherever you want to sample. Usually works good.

Nov 01, 2016 at 07:49 PM
rdeloe
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · clone tool in LR CC

Getting rid of that sign using the Spot Removal tool in LR would be extremely difficult. I think it's probably impossible in one go. However, have you tried in pieces? This can be tricky because of all the "pins" that get dropped when you clone in sections. To make it work better, head down to the bottom-left of the interface, under the image, where it says "Tool Overlay". Change that to "Never". What happens now is as you go over an area with the Spot Removal tool, the pins don't get in the way (making it easy to "re-use" areas you've fixed already). In your case, you could do the brick part, then the part that's over the glass.

Nov 01, 2016 at 08:40 PM
CosmicCruiser
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · clone tool in LR CC

very cool thank rdloe!

Nov 01, 2016 at 08:57 PM
15Bit
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · clone tool in LR CC

I've noticed some similar weirdness, but i think it is a display bug. Try restarting LR after doing the adjustment and see if the problem is still there.

Nov 02, 2016 at 02:33 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.