Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Experience with refurbished from adorama?

straygeek

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Experience with refurbished from adorama?

Currently d750 is listed for 1400$ refurbished from adorama. Is this a good deal? Anyone has any experiences in refurbished cameras from adorama?

Oct 29, 2016 at 10:51 PM
Dj R
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Experience with refurbished from adorama?

Nikon sends them a lot of refurbs to dump. Sometimes I think they are not really refurbs. Other times I think they are just items that were opened and returned.

Good experience!!

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:18 PM
neoshazam
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Experience with refurbished from adorama?

I got a refurb D40 from them back in 2009 that has been excellent.

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:22 PM
straygeek

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Experience with refurbished from adorama?

Thanks all! Did you guys ever use their vip360 (paid) service which gives extended returns and drops&spills warranty for a year?

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:49 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Experience with refurbished from adorama?

My D200 is still going strong and I got it refurbed from them about 5 years ago. No experience with the VIP360

Oct 30, 2016 at 12:10 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Experience with refurbished from adorama?

Adorama, Cameta, and Roberts sell the Nikon refurbs. Sometimes B&H but not really their gig. The refurbs are all Nikon factory refurbished and come with a 90 day warranty.

Oct 30, 2016 at 12:40 AM
Norm Shapiro
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Experience with refurbished from adorama?

I picked up a refurbished 24-120 f/4 a few weeks ago. Paid 529.00 for the lens and another $40+ for a 5 year warranty. Lens looks new. Better deal than buying from Nikon, and Adorama has a great return policy.

Oct 30, 2016 at 01:40 AM
straygeek

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Experience with refurbished from adorama?

Is that a 3rd party extended warranty? I dont see anything directly from adorama.

Oct 30, 2016 at 01:59 AM
Norm Shapiro
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Experience with refurbished from adorama?

I bought it from Adorama and its called a New Leaf Service Plan. Covers drops, spills,not immersion, and other repairs. They tell me I call them when needed and they will tell where the nearest Nikon repair facility is to me to send it too. It seems to better than Nikon's new 5 year warranty that does not cover drops and spills.

Oct 30, 2016 at 02:27 AM
thedruid
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Experience with refurbished from adorama?

$1399 kind of a no brainer, people are selling used D750 for $1550+ here on B/S...I've bought many refurbs from Adorama without issue, plus the 30 day no questions asked day return is nice. The new VIP offer is only a few days old, $50 fee per year, might be worth it if you buy sell a lot.

Oct 30, 2016 at 03:37 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

sandy27000
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Experience with refurbished from adorama?

I had bought a Nikon 24-70 f2.8 refurbished from then several years ago and it was excellent

Oct 30, 2016 at 05:06 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Experience with refurbished from adorama?

I will also echo the positive reviews of Adorama's refurbished gear. I've purchased it several times IIRC and it has worked flawlessly, just as described. the added bonus is that Helen Oster is a member here, serves us as an Adorama in-house person there and does quite remarkable things when something goes awry in any transaction with Adorama. Henry Posner does the same for BH (whose refurbs are GTG as well). We are lucky to have them. HTH

Oct 30, 2016 at 11:07 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Experience with refurbished from adorama?

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback - very much appreciated!

I hope it's OK to post here in response to a couple of comments above, but this is the reference to the new VIP360 plan: http://www.adorama.com/g/VIP360-NEW It is as thedruid noted very new, so I can't tell you anything about how customer response has been to it.

But as always, if you need additional advice please don't hesitate to email me: [email protected]

Oct 30, 2016 at 06:55 PM
Crosland

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Experience with refurbished from adorama?

I purchased a refurbished df from Adorama about a year ago. Great price, looked like a new camera, no problems with it.

Oct 30, 2016 at 07:06 PM
ahamp
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Experience with refurbished from adorama?

Nikon refurbs are usually great deals and Adorama is top notch to deal with. From experience, Helen will definitely be on top of any questions or issues you may have.

Oct 30, 2016 at 10:02 PM
pixlepeeper
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Experience with refurbished from adorama?

I got a refurb D5300 and it had no problems. I sold it because I wanted an FX badly. It is said that refurbs go through QC twice so they are double checked.

Oct 30, 2016 at 10:48 PM
spoupard
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Experience with refurbished from adorama?

Same as everybody else. I bought a refurb D5200 a few years ago and it looked and worked like new. Never a moments problem with it.

Oct 31, 2016 at 12:18 AM
SSISteve
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Experience with refurbished from adorama?

Just got a refurb Nikon D7200 from Adorama and it looks brand new. Has around 4700 shutter clicks on it.

Oct 31, 2016 at 11:31 PM
BruceO

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Experience with refurbished from adorama?

No direct experience with their refurbished Nikon's, but I just used their 30 day return policy on a used item and they refunded my money no questions asked. I would have no problem buying a refurb from them.

Nov 01, 2016 at 12:36 AM
Oscarsmadness
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Experience with refurbished from adorama?

I have a refurb Sigma 24/1.4 art and a GOdox V860N from them. I don't have experience wth their Nikon refurbs but what I have is fantastic.

Nov 01, 2016 at 12:58 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password