New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Fuji XT2 batch raw conversion

Steve Brandt
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji XT2 batch raw conversion

hey, so i forgot to turn on RAW+ Jpeg and got done shooting 500 images and now want them converted into the Fuji profile. and no lightroom just doesnt cut it for this round. Is there anyway to select a bunch of images in camera and batch raw convert? i am thinking no and i couldnt find anything in google... but there is that hope still in me haha.

thanks guys!

Oct 28, 2016 at 07:13 PM
mjc
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji XT2 batch raw conversion

Do you mean use the Fuji raw converter? Here is a link to their web page:

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/myfinepix_studio/rfc/

Oct 28, 2016 at 07:43 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji XT2 batch raw conversion

No, in the XT2 (and probably others), you can re-process a RAW to a JPG using the camera's internal JPG engine. He's asking if you can basically batch that up to do <N> 100 at a time.

Oct 29, 2016 at 12:41 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fuji XT2 batch raw conversion

I know you can covert file-by-file, but don't think batching is possible. If you can find in Google, you are probably screwed. Good luck.

Oct 29, 2016 at 01:02 PM
Pavel
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fuji XT2 batch raw conversion

Why not install silkypix, select all, change to the profile you like, for example Astia, if that happens to be what you prefer, or set the color individually for each frame, and then run the batch. Take a long walk or have a two hour lunch (silkypix is slow ) and presto, mistake reversed. Why need to do it in Camera. I don't like silkypix at all, personally, but it does have the Fuji Color profiles.

Nov 01, 2016 at 12:49 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fuji XT2 batch raw conversion

Pavel wrote:
Why not install silkypix, select all, change to the profile you like, for example Astia, if that happens to be what you prefer, or set the color individually for each frame, and then run the batch. Take a long walk or have a two hour lunch (silkypix is slow ) and presto, mistake reversed. Why need to do it in Camera. I don't like silkypix at all, personally, but it does have the Fuji Color profiles.

Lr has Fuji color profiles also. But, raw files still need some work.

Nov 01, 2016 at 03:27 PM
Steve Brandt
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fuji XT2 batch raw conversion

Pavel wrote:

---------------------------------------------

James R wrote:
Lr has Fuji color profiles also. But, raw files still need some work.

I guess i havent tried using Silkpics to see if it looks the same as an in camera conversion. LR does NOT look like the in camera at all, so that why i was hoping there was a way to batch it haha. thanks all

Nov 07, 2016 at 02:03 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fuji XT2 batch raw conversion

Steve Brandt wrote:
---------------------------------------------

I guess i havent tried using Silkpics to see if it looks the same as an in camera conversion. LR does NOT look like the in camera at all, so that why i was hoping there was a way to batch it haha. thanks all

My guess is they don't look the same because they are applied to a raw file. The raw file still needs tweaking. I've applied the profiles and they work pretty good. Since shooting digital, Fugi files require less tweaking than any other camera I've used.

Curious what system you used before Fuji? Others coming from that system might be better situated to help. I was with Nikon for 30yrs.

Nov 07, 2016 at 04:14 PM
Pavel
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fuji XT2 batch raw conversion

The silkypics recipe results in identical to JPG looks. Too bad that one has to suffer the interface and speed of it, for that benefit.

Can't Fuji just accept reality and partner up with a proper Raw developer such as Capture one? Capture one does X-tans files like no other developer, except perhaps Irident which gives equal results but with a poor interface and workflow. Something new is in order. Silkypics is pretty much the Achilles heel of buying into the Fuji camera system.

Nov 07, 2016 at 06:20 PM
darthalal
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fuji XT2 batch raw conversion

Pavel wrote:
The silkypics recipe results in identical to JPG looks. Too bad that one has to suffer the interface and speed of it, for that benefit.

Can't Fuji just accept reality and partner up with a proper Raw developer such as Capture one? Capture one does X-tans files like no other developer, except perhaps Irident which gives equal results but with a poor interface and workflow. Something new is in order. Silkypics is pretty much the Achilles heel of buying into the Fuji camera system.

What's wrong with Capture One, then? Just the lack of built-in film profiles?

I'm not sure if Silkypix can really be an Achilles heel, though; I've been a Fuji shooter for a year and a half now, and didn't even know it existed until recently. You don't have to use it!

Nov 08, 2016 at 02:42 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.