New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Hilarious - Adobe at Apple Event

jbonzo1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hilarious - Adobe at Apple Event

Apple just introduced the new Macbook Pro models and brought up the Adobe rep whose first words were, "Adobe Photoshop and the Macbook Pro were made for each other!"
Unless you run Sierra and want to print with the new MB Pro!

Oct 27, 2016 at 06:05 PM
pjbishop
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hilarious - Adobe at Apple Event

At least he didn't say, "Photoshop and Sierra were made for each other." You probably could have predicted the Adobe rep's exact words anyway. When he appears at the Microsoft event, he'll say, "Photoshop and Microsoft Surface Studio were made for each other", two-timing Apple.

Oct 27, 2016 at 07:50 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hilarious - Adobe at Apple Event

And Apple said (I'm sure) that this is the best MacBook Pro we've ever made!

Oct 30, 2016 at 11:31 AM
dgardner
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Hilarious - Adobe at Apple Event

alright I haven't looked at this area of FM forums for a long time...
What is the problem with mac OS and photoshop?
Interested because my plan is(was) to upgrade to a new Macbook pro and Dell 27 inch wide gamut monitor specifically for issue of printing

Oct 30, 2016 at 01:17 PM
butchM
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Hilarious - Adobe at Apple Event

dgardner wrote:
alright I haven't looked at this area of FM forums for a long time...
What is the problem with mac OS and photoshop?
Interested because my plan is(was) to upgrade to a new Macbook pro and Dell 27 inch wide gamut monitor specifically for issue of printing

It's because for many users, on both platforms, there has been a recent comedy of errors in updates to both Lightroom and Photoshop. Most recently printing issues for macOS. Though these issues don't seem to be universal in scope.

Please note that the issues seem to only be a problem for Adobe products, yet software from other developers print just fine.

Oct 30, 2016 at 02:01 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

butchM
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Hilarious - Adobe at Apple Event

pjbishop wrote:
At least he didn't say, "Photoshop and Sierra were made for each other." You probably could have predicted the Adobe rep's exact words anyway. When he appears at the Microsoft event, he'll say, "Photoshop and Microsoft Surface Studio were made for each other", two-timing Apple.

Well 'he' didn't say anything but she (i.e. Bradee Evans, Adobe's experience design manager) did offer an informative demonstration of how the touch bar could enhance working in Ps on a Macbook Pro and how Adobe is working on that functionality.

While I am in no way supporting anything Adobe related and I have quite often voiced my personal displeasure and concern when Adobe does not offer their best efforts in serving their customers, I also think it is extremely important to get the facts straight before we make assertions that we haven't researched well in advance of sharing our opinions on specific matters. We lose credibility when we really haven't all the facts.

Of course, when an Adobe rep is invited to share their contribution to the introduction of a hardware product they are developing platform specific capabilities for, that developer is going to laud the partnership. After all, they are in the business of selling software licenses to those prospective users. I would be more concerned if they didn't point out that factor.

Oct 30, 2016 at 02:18 PM
la puffin
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Hilarious - Adobe at Apple Event

butchM wrote:
It's because for many users, on both platforms, there has been a recent comedy of errors in updates to both Lightroom and Photoshop. Most recently printing issues for macOS. Though these issues don't seem to be universal in scope.

Please note that the issues seem to only be a problem for Adobe products, yet software from other developers print just fine.

That's good because it being an Adobe issue and not a Mac issue, then there might be an intermediate workaround until this is sussed out.

Oct 31, 2016 at 07:36 AM
jbonzo1
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Hilarious - Adobe at Apple Event

^^^
The workaround, according to Adobe, is switch back to El Capitan until they figure it out.

Oct 31, 2016 at 07:28 PM
RAF09
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Hilarious - Adobe at Apple Event

Check the CC2017 specs(full list), they say it has been fixed.

Nov 03, 2016 at 11:56 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password