New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Front/rear command dials on XT2

mregala

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Front/rear command dials on XT2

I shot an event yesterday in poor light, so I locked the shutter speed dial to 1/60... checking my files in LR I got a lot of motion blur... oops somehow the shutter was at 1/30! Obviously I ham handed the front or rear dial at some point.

Is there a way to disable the command dials? I know I can switch them around in the menu, but I'd rather just turn them off completely.

Thanks,
Mike

Edited on Oct 27, 2016 at 12:55 PM · View previous versions

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:26 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Front/rear command dials on XT2

mregala wrote:
I shot an event yesterday in poor light, so I locked the shutter speed dial to 1/60... checking my files in LR I got a lot of motion blur... oops somehow the shutter was at 1/30! Obviously I ham handed the dial at some point.

Is there a way to disable the command dials? I know I can switch them around in the menu, but I'd rather just turn them off completely.

Thanks,
Mike

The dial lock button is the only method I've found. My problem is thinking I engaged the lock button, but actually it wasn't locked. So, I now attempt to move the dial periodically to make sure It is locked.

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:54 PM
mregala

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Front/rear command dials on XT2

The shutter dial lock was engaged... it's the front/rear command dials, you can still change shutter speed with those dials, even if the shutter dial is locked!!

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:59 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Front/rear command dials on XT2

mregala wrote:
The shutter dial lock was engaged... it's the front/rear command dials, you can still change shutter speed with those dials, even if the shutter dial is locked!!

Sorry about that, I should have read the subject line.

I've read the manual and do not recall the ability to turn off that function. You can only switch functions between the two dials which does help you.

Oct 27, 2016 at 04:14 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Front/rear command dials on XT2

It may be frustrating, but having the command dial comes in handy as the range of shutter speed it will vary is very limited. For example, 1/125 sec you can vary from 1/80 to 1/180 only.

Oct 27, 2016 at 04:16 PM
Ian Boys
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Front/rear command dials on XT2

This has been fixed (by menu option) on the XP2 and I think the upcoming update for XT2 will fix this.

Oct 27, 2016 at 04:38 PM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Front/rear command dials on XT2

Not elegant, but small piece of gaffers tape over the dial would probably keep it from moving.

I use the front and rear ones so seldom I honestly forget they are there. I don't seem to have an issue bumping them but could see how it poses a potential problem.

Sort of silly having locking dials on top (which aren't really going to move on their own anyways) and yet still having the small front and rear ones able to be accidentally bumped.

Perhaps a FW update to add an option to disable them will come along the pipe sooner or later

Oct 27, 2016 at 08:25 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.