New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

D500 price drop

SoundHound
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · D500 price drop

Remember the rebated price is only good until Midnight Saturday.

Oct 27, 2016 at 09:56 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · D500 price drop

Hell, a year from now they'll be 1200$ refurb, maybe less.

Oct 27, 2016 at 11:45 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · D500 price drop

SoundHound wrote:
Remember the rebated price is only good until Midnight Saturday.

ya, and if they don't sell the two railroad cars full sitting in Brooklyn they will have to lower the price again.

And if you believe this I have a bridge also in Brooklyn that I can sell you

Oct 28, 2016 at 03:06 AM
SoundHound
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · D500 price drop

Gosh! And I just bought one of those D500s too. It just goes to show you there's a sucker born every minute. Pretty soon they will be giving them away? Probably this sale is to clear inventory for the new D500s.

Oct 28, 2016 at 12:21 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · D500 price drop

Time's running out for Nikon.
Boomers with the real money, they're dropping like flies now.
Millennials without jobs, savings, or hope for the future, well they got no money...
The entire world economy is collapsing.
So, they are getting it while they can.

Oct 28, 2016 at 01:07 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · D500 price drop

well, each of the two assh0les running for president (sic), what with the extraordinarily innovative proposals for transforming the economy , hey will make Nikon and Canon so happy with the way in which the economy turns around.

Oct 28, 2016 at 03:18 PM
RSHPhotography
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · D500 price drop

It's too bad Gary Johnson is even worse than both. I've never seen a 3rd party candidate who gets angry so fast when someone challenges him.

anthonysemone wrote:
well, each of the two assh0les running for president (sic), what with the extraordinarily innovative proposals for transforming the economy , hey will make Nikon and Canon so happy with the way in which the economy turns around.

Oct 28, 2016 at 04:53 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · D500 price drop

snapsy wrote:
Steve the D500 is a rather niche product relative to the D7200 and entry-level FX. There was a lot of pent-up demand but after that I expected demand to drop precipitously.

How is the D500 a niche product? That doesn't make sense, the D500 is simply the top of the line DX format camera.

Jim

Oct 28, 2016 at 09:03 PM
LeifG
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · D500 price drop

anthonysemone wrote:

I suspect assh0les everywhere will be greatly offended by your comparison. In any case an assh0le serves a useful function, as an outlet for waste, whereas these two clowns ...

Oct 28, 2016 at 09:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

snapsy
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · D500 price drop

JimFox wrote:
How is the D500 a niche product? That doesn't make sense, the D500 is simply the top of the line DX format camera.

Jim

Because the number of DX shooters that need 10fps, 200-deep image buffer, and top-of-the-line tracking performance is much smaller than the number of DX shooters that don't and wouldn't pay twice as much over a D7200. It's pretty much BIF wildlife and a very small percentage of sports shooters who don't use pro FX bodies.

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:58 PM
TAM63
• •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · D500 price drop

mp0363 wrote:
Yea. Every time I get tempted to buy one of these machine guns I just have to visit the Flickr page of birds, birds, and some more birds to realize the Jedi command: "This is not the camera you are looking for".

And the D810 is at, perhaps, it's lowest price ever. Same Jedi command; though, if those two get married and have a baby then it's "Take my money, Nikon"

I am curious - why not the D500? I keep wondering if I want one.I do love my D810, wouldn't mind more reach though.

Oct 29, 2016 at 06:29 PM
LeifG
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · D500 price drop

snapsy wrote:
Because the number of DX shooters that need 10fps, 200-deep image buffer, and top-of-the-line tracking performance is much smaller than the number of DX shooters that don't and wouldn't pay twice as much over a D7200. It's pretty much BIF wildlife and a very small percentage of sports shooters who don't use pro FX bodies.

There are other advantages of the D500. The electronic shutter can be very useful, for photomicrography for example. But there are lesser benefits, such as a better control layout i.e. no mickey mouse modes, an eyepiece shutter lockable diopter, and aperture adjustment in liveview. Plus IMO the D7200 is very uncomfortable to hold whereas the D500 is excellent, quite why the D7200 shape should be designed so poorly is beyond me. In the UK the D500 prce has barely changed since launch, so it's hardly niche.

Oct 29, 2016 at 07:48 PM
snapsy
• • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · D500 price drop

LeifG wrote:
There are other advantages of the D500. The electronic shutter can be very useful, for photomicrography for example. But there are lesser benefits, such as a better control layout i.e. no mickey mouse modes, an eyepiece shutter lockable diopter, and aperture adjustment in liveview. Plus IMO the D7200 is very uncomfortable to hold whereas the D500 is excellent, quite why the D7200 shape should be designed so poorly is beyond me. In the UK the D500 prce has barely changed since launch, so it's hardly niche.

What percentage of users do you believe will pay $1000 more for those lesser features over a D7200 and just 25% less than a D810? And why would somebody spend $2000 on the pro DX body to do macro photography to get an EFCS that is available on a $400 MILC DX along with LV aperture control like a Sony A6000 if that's their primary use case?

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:30 PM
mp0363
• •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · D500 price drop

TAM63 wrote:
I am curious - why not the D500? I keep wondering if I want one.I do love my D810, wouldn't mind more reach though.

I think it's a long glass wonder!! For birding and soccer, there is perhaps nothing better; definitely most bang for the buck if FPS and endless buffer matter to you. Only fault I could find with it was the tendency to blow specular highlights.

And of course it's DX. As a "dad with a camera" I can continue to shoot the shit out of my D750 until Nikon finishes with their Keymission360 foolishness and put out an update to the D810's AF module, and goes XQD of course.

Oct 30, 2016 at 01:39 AM
TAM63
• •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · D500 price drop

mp0363 wrote:
I think it's a long glass wonder!! For birding and soccer, there is perhaps nothing better; definitely most bang for the buck if FPS and endless buffer matter to you. Only fault I could find with it was the tendency to blow specular highlights.

And of course it's DX. As a "dad with a camera" I can continue to shoot the shit out of my D750 until Nikon finishes with their Keymission360 foolishness and put out an update to the D810's AF module, and goes XQD of course.

I understand, thank you. I would never consider it as my only camera - I might one day consider picking one up just for birding.

Oct 30, 2016 at 03:26 PM
LeifG
• • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · D500 price drop

snapsy wrote:
What percentage of users do you believe will pay $1000 more for those lesser features over a D7200 and just 25% less than a D810? And why would somebody spend $2000 on the pro DX body to do macro photography to get an EFCS that is available on a $400 MILC DX along with LV aperture control like a Sony A6000 if that's their primary use case?

I suspect most customers will be happy with the D7200, given the price, and the superb sensor. I was making the point that the D500 has many advantages, which admittedly will appeal more to pros than amateurs. If you make your living with a camera, then ease of use, and extra features even if infrequently used can be invaluable.

I considered buying a mirrorless camera instead of the D500, but I chose the D500, in part because I already have a collection of Nikon lenses. I suspect the D500 is really for established Nikon users, not newcomers. And as noted by some, whilst mirrorless cameras are often very good, they do have shortcomings such as shorter battery life, and (I believe) worse AF.

As to the D810, well DX has benefits for macro shooting, and many simply do not need the higher pixel count. It is probably the better general purpose camera though.

Nov 01, 2016 at 07:45 AM
rick_reno
• •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · D500 price drop

Sale price at $1796 is still there as of Nov 1st. Maybe this is the new price.

Nov 01, 2016 at 12:45 PM
mrgetalife
• •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · D500 price drop

If only the grip was on sale..

Nov 01, 2016 at 06:58 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password