Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · D500 Repair delay - Need advice.

anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · D500 Repair delay - Need advice.

Just FYI: http://www.nikonusa.com/en/service-and-support/nps/become-a-member.page

Oct 27, 2016 at 09:57 AM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · D500 Repair delay - Need advice.

blutch wrote:
Just got off the phone with them. No movement at all. She is "investigating." it is still on a parts hold.. I asked for it to be escalated because of the length and for them to either send me a loaner or replace the body entirely. She said that since I'm not an NPS member that it would be possible to do either. So.. nada.

Snapsy, I took your approach too.. the response was "I understand your frustration sir."

B

Try calling the Nikon dealer that you purchased the body from. Tell them Nikon appears unable to repair their latest model and that if you knew Nikon would be unable to service a $2000 body you would not have purchased it. Ask them to contact their regional Nikon USA sales rep on your behalf to see what they can do to either expedite the repair or to have your body replaced. Depending on what your dealer tells you (and when), your last resort would be to tell the dealer that you're returning the camera back to them due to theirs and Nikon's misrepresentation on the serviceability of the camera. It may not seem fair to drag the dealer into it but they're part of the purchase chain and are required to stand behind the product they sell. In these situations you have to apply pressure from every leverage point that's available to you.

Oct 27, 2016 at 10:18 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · D500 Repair delay - Need advice.

The nice thing about CPS is they don't require you to be a professional or earn money....you just have to own a certain amount of expensive gears. I usually wait about 1 week turnaround to have things fixed from CPS and that is with mailing across the entire country.

I should probably take this back as CPS just let me know my lens is waiting on parts and that might take another week or more...

Edited on Oct 28, 2016 at 06:02 PM · View previous versions

Oct 27, 2016 at 10:50 AM
blutch
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · D500 Repair delay - Need advice.

UPDATE - I called Nikon today and calmly made my case. They even called me back with more info. They said the part I need will be available on November 24th and I the camera should be done within 3-5 days from there. So, it is another MONTH wait, minimum.

Then I appealed to this guy that I need a loaner or a replacement, important work coming up, blah, blah blah.. he said that they can only send a loaner to NPS members, but that he will escalate the ticket up to see if they could replace the body right away. He wasn't hopeful, but said he would do it. I should know about that within 24-48 hours.

So, there you go. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the advice!

B

Oct 27, 2016 at 08:00 PM
Two23
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · D500 Repair delay - Need advice.

blutch wrote:
Meanwhile, I'm without my body for a LONG time and it is costing me work. i'm shooting gigs with one body when I almost always use two.

If you're shooting at least once a week, OR if those "gigs" are weddings, you could easily get bit HARD when something happens to your only body. Here's what I would do--in fact would have done the same day I sent the other one in for repair. BUY ANOTHER BODY RIGHT NOW from ebay, used! If you are doing regular paid work you have to have a back up. Sell a camera when you get your broken one back. Man, this is a no-brainer.

Kent in SD

Oct 27, 2016 at 11:26 PM
blutch
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · D500 Repair delay - Need advice.

Yes, I considered that and still am. Fortunately, I have a close friend who has lent me her D800 many time for these jobs. I have used it a couple of times too.

If it is going to be another month, I will have to do something like that.

MA

Oct 28, 2016 at 07:54 AM
thedruid
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · D500 Repair delay - Need advice.

This happened to me with a D700 after the 2011tsunami, no parts were available period. I had one of those 2 yr add on warranties which would pay for the repair, I did have a DX back up, but I ended up having to buy another D700 used and selling it after my repair came through.

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:39 AM
blutch
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · D500 Repair delay - Need advice.

Well, Lookie here what I got from Nikon today. They magically found the part needed that was going to take another month to come in. Funny how that works. Raising a stink sometimes works! Thanks for all the help here!

Hello Mr. Anderson

Just to update you, we have received the parts needed to repair your D500 and it should be shipped back out to you either late today or Monday. If you have any further question please give me a call.

Thank you
Ken D
Nikon Supervisor

Oct 28, 2016 at 05:30 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.