New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · A Big Deal for Me

canerino
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A Big Deal for Me

Greetings all!

I don't get around to sharing work here nearly as often as I use to. But the majority of my 11,000 posts were done in this forum, especially early on as I stumbled my way around this forum asking dumb-ass questions as I had no formal photography education. Over time, I tried lots of stuff...trends, shallow DOF, different processing techniques... Over the past 5 years or so I have really honed in on what I love...documentary photography, specifically my family.

I started shooting a Leica Monochrom for all of my personal work about 18 months ago and fell in love with the system. So much so that I tried to make all Leica work for weddings, but ultimately settled on staying with DSLRs (which are the best tool for me at a wedding).

Just last week, my work with the Leica Monochrom was featured by Leica on their blog. You might have seen the images before, but somehow, they look better on Leica's site Check the feature out here if you want: http://blog.leica-camera.com/2016/10/18/movement-and-grace-with-the-leica-m-monochrom/

Thanks to all of you who have directly and indirectly influenced my work!

Chuck

Oct 26, 2016 at 07:09 PM
flyfish13

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A Big Deal for Me

Chuck,

Can't say I've been around here to be of any influence. Awesome getting this recognition by Leica! Congrats!

Oct 26, 2016 at 07:12 PM
neighbourboy
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A Big Deal for Me

Congrats, man. I think I started here around the same time. It's been amazing to see you continually improve over the years - I only wish I could have progressed as well as you did. Nice to see you recognized this way!

--David

Oct 26, 2016 at 07:26 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A Big Deal for Me

I don't think I ever saw you over in the nature and Wildlife forum😉 but I always enjoyed seeing you 'here' in your zone. There is a most certain richness in B&W imagery and it nicely ties into the richness with family that you have. B&W is not about 'pizzaz' but more about mood and feelings that some photographers mature too, congrats sir if Leica gives you recognition you have a whole lot to be proud of of your talent!

Pursue the passion, you have all the tools to do so.
Congrats on it all.......
Karl😎

Oct 26, 2016 at 09:20 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A Big Deal for Me

Congrats! It's a terrific article!

Your work would be right at home in "The Family of Man" or "The Family of Children".

Oct 27, 2016 at 07:47 AM
Vcook
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A Big Deal for Me

well done and deserved, I've enjoyed seeing these on the forum quite a bit.

Oct 27, 2016 at 09:02 AM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A Big Deal for Me

Many thanks, all! I definitely appreciate the words and encouragement. There may be more on the horizon, so stay tuned

Oct 30, 2016 at 09:42 AM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A Big Deal for Me

I learn from you, brother.

Thanks so much for sharing.

C

Oct 30, 2016 at 10:49 AM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · A Big Deal for Me

nolaguy wrote:
I learn from you, brother.

Thanks so much for sharing.

C

Always too kind, Chuck! Many thanks for your words over the years!

Nov 01, 2016 at 01:49 PM
Jeremy Reitman
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · A Big Deal for Me

Awesome Chuck!!

Nov 01, 2016 at 03:53 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · A Big Deal for Me

Saw this over on the wedding forum, but I'll say it here, too - congrats and very well deserved!

Nov 02, 2016 at 10:00 AM
eSchwab
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · A Big Deal for Me

Your work is phenomenal. Regardless I'm sure it's really amazing to be recognized by such an iconic camera maker. That's a real feather in your cap.

Nov 02, 2016 at 11:53 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.