New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Microsoft Surface Book with Performance Base is coming soon

bootster
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Microsoft Surface Book with Performance Base is coming soon

The next generation of the Surface Book is coming soon and was revealed today. It is a strong competitor in the laptop market and has some new, upgraded features. This is arguably the best laptop available as of it's launch, unless Apple comes out with something in the meantime, but it doesn't look like that's happening.

You can see the specifications and features HERE

Oct 26, 2016 at 12:27 PM
Greg Schneider
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Microsoft Surface Book with Performance Base is coming soon

Wait until tomorrow to see what Apple has to offer

Oct 26, 2016 at 12:43 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Microsoft Surface Book with Performance Base is coming soon

Does it run OSX? No? Okay then....I'll wait till 10AM tomorrow for something that does

Oct 26, 2016 at 08:39 PM
bootster
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Microsoft Surface Book with Performance Base is coming soon

It looks like Apple is caving in to Microsoft, as the new launch is a very big disappointment for the Apple fanbois and they seem to be concentrating on their Apple TV and they aren't aggressively pursuing hardware implementations in the near future. The day isn't over yet, but it looks like it won't be a "must see teevee" event.

I was hoping to see some competition as Microsoft is starting, and continuing to dominate the hardware innovations for the future.

Oct 27, 2016 at 01:10 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Microsoft Surface Book with Performance Base is coming soon

bootster wrote:
It looks like Apple is caving in to Microsoft, as the new launch is a very big disappointment for the Apple fanbois and they seem to be concentrating on their Apple TV and they aren't aggressively pursuing hardware implementations in the near future. The day isn't over yet, but it looks like it won't be a "must see teevee" event.

I was hoping to see some competition as Microsoft is starting, and continuing to dominate the hardware innovations for the future.

That does seem to be the current trend. Maybe a few quarters of declining revenue will get Apple to think a little more differently. I think Steve Jobs would have lost it at the recent iPhone 7 and MacBook announcements. And while Apple got lucky with the Note7 explosion fiasco, I doubt lighting will strike twice and render the Surface products to be hazardous to their users.

Oct 30, 2016 at 06:35 AM
Shutterbug2006
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Microsoft Surface Book with Performance Base is coming soon

I'm picking up a Surface Book i5/8GB RAM/256GB with dGPU Performance Base this weekend.

It's a very nice system overall and I got it for $800 off retail.

My purpose for getting one was primarily for photo editing. My hand to eye coordination with a digitizer is crap - I'm hoping the direct what you see is what you edit on the surface book works out for me. If not - I will have an expensive laptop not getting fully used.

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:04 PM
amacal1
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Microsoft Surface Book with Performance Base is coming soon

I was at the Solidworks (3D modeling software for engineers) convention and saw what last year's Surface Book with GPU base could do. I was floored. It wasn't quite up to par with my workstation, but - then again - it weights less by a factor of 10!

May 26, 2017 at 10:33 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.