New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Upgrade From x-m1

JERM16

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Upgrade From x-m1

Hi,
I'm currently shooting with a X-M1 but I want to move away from this simply body to something more advance and professional but don't want to break the bank. I have been looking at used x-pro1, x-t1, x-t10 and wounding what you "Fuji" people think?

Oct 25, 2016 at 04:51 PM
dalto

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Upgrade From x-m1

Between the x-t1 and the x-t10, if the x-t1 is close in price at all to the x-t10 in your region the x-t1 is the better camera.

Between those two and the x-pro1 is very much a personal preference. I would recommend getting your hands on them both if you can. They handle quite a bit differently.

Oct 25, 2016 at 08:25 PM
Crashton
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Upgrade From x-m1

I had an X-Pro1 & while I liked the camera as a glasses wearer I didn't like the viewfinder. You should try one out before buying. I'd say look at an XE-1 or XE-2 also.

Oct 26, 2016 at 04:30 PM
JERM16

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Upgrade From x-m1

SO I just bought a used x-t1 for ±$615. I'm super excited to get it in the mail. I was looking at the xe-2 as well, I wasn't able to find a good deal on them.

Oct 27, 2016 at 11:07 AM
afidmo

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Upgrade From x-m1

Depends on your style of photography. Rangefinder vs SLR. I personally would go with X-T1 because of the price so really good on eBay and Amazon right now. I switched from X100T to X-Pro1 because I love OVF so much and X-Pro2 is way out of my budget. X-T10 is a good choice too but X-T1 is just better for the money. X-Pro1 is a bit a pain in xxx as it autofocus is slightly behind, no Classic Chrome, no face detection, no wifi, not weather sealed, older UI. Goodluck!

Oct 27, 2016 at 01:03 PM
JERM16

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Upgrade From x-m1

@afidmo, I was so close to buying a x-pro1 but the x-t1 was so close enough in price that the x-t1 was a little more bang for its buck. I honestly don't really have a style yet thats what I'm hoping to discover with my new camera. The x-M1 has a lot to offer but it lacks manual controls to develop a good understanding the relationships between iso, shutter speed and aperture. Im looking forward to get a hold of my new camera later next month.

Pro 2 and T2 look amazing but they are also way out of my budget.

Oct 28, 2016 at 12:11 PM
tobycat2
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Upgrade From x-m1

JERM16 wrote:
@afidmo@, I was so close to buying a x-pro1 but the x-t1 was so close enough in price that the x-t1 was a little more bang for its buck. I honestly don't really have a style yet thats what I'm hoping to discover with my new camera. The x-M1 has a lot to offer but it lacks manual controls to develop a good understanding the relationships between iso, shutter speed and aperture. Im looking forward to get a hold of my new camera later next month.

Pro 2 and T2 look amazing but they are also way out of my budget.

If I remember right, the xm1 has twin command dials and a fn button you can set to ISO. Add a lens with an aperture ring and you have manual controls. The thing that made me change from the xm1 to an xe1 (and eventually an x100t) is the lack of a viewfinder.

Oct 30, 2016 at 12:22 AM
JERM16

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Upgrade From x-m1

Yeah, the M1 does have twin command dials and I recently switched the fn button to set the ISO. I guess i just like the visual appeal of having the dials exposed without needing the display on. The viewfinder is also an awesome feature that I haven't had the opportunity to shoot with using the X-M1

Oct 31, 2016 at 11:03 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.