New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

X-Pro vs X-T2 for small prime kit

sfogg

Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · X-Pro vs X-T2 for small prime kit

Viramati wrote:
unfortunately I find fuji's wifi phone app to be very slow, unresponsive and basic. Surprisingly Leica's app for the Q is streets ahead in terms os speed and functionality.

Have you tried it again lately? With the initial release of the XP2 the remote function was very laggy. It is better now, not sure if that was the recent firmware update or if the app itself was updated.

Shawn

Oct 30, 2016 at 06:41 PM
sfogg

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · X-Pro vs X-T2 for small prime kit

millsart wrote:
I will say the Xpro2 grip its far, far more comfortable in my hand.

Have you tried it with the Fuji grip? It is even better.

Shawn

Oct 30, 2016 at 06:47 PM
millsart
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · X-Pro vs X-T2 for small prime kit

sfogg wrote:
Have you tried it with the Fuji grip? It is even better.

Shawn

Are you referring to the grip for the Xpro2 or the XT2 ?

I had the vertical grip on my XT1 and wasn't a fan..... Well, I thought it felt great in the vertical orientation, but thought it actually made the camera more uncomfortable in the normal position. It just felt all too thin, at least compared to a big DSLR style grip like on my D4 which you could really wrap your hand around.

Have not tried the grip for the XPro2.

Might give that one some thought, or maybe the newer XT2 grip which looks a little thicker, as I've got a 50-140 coming in the mail and on that size of lens the grip maybe prove useful on both bodies

Oct 30, 2016 at 06:52 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · X-Pro vs X-T2 for small prime kit

millsart wrote:
Are you referring to the grip for the Xpro2 or the XT2 ?

I had the vertical grip on my XT1 and wasn't a fan..... Well, I thought it felt great in the vertical orientation, but thought it actually made the camera more uncomfortable in the normal position. It just felt all too thin, at least compared to a big DSLR style grip like on my D4 which you could really wrap your hand around.

Might give that one some thought, or maybe the newer XT2 grip which looks a little thicker, as I've
...Show more

That's an interesting observation about the grip on the X-T1. I've been kicking the idea around for my X-T2. I had one on all my Nikons and loved it.

Oct 30, 2016 at 07:11 PM
sfogg

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · X-Pro vs X-T2 for small prime kit

millsart wrote:

Might give that one some thought, or maybe the newer XT2 grip which looks a little thicker, as I've got a 50-140 coming in the mail and on that size of lens the grip maybe prove useful on both bodies

I was talking about the X Pro 2 grip. Works great with larger lenses.

The built in grip isn't full length on the XP2, the add on grip is full height of the camera. That allows me to also use my pinky to contribute to the grip. That lets me sort of palm the edge of the camera and hold it very tightly in my hand.

The grip does not come to the top of the camera. This is intentional as it allows you to wrap your middle finger over the top and then down the inside edge of the grip. Again very secure feeling and easy access to the viewfinder switch.

Shawn

Oct 30, 2016 at 07:29 PM
millsart
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · X-Pro vs X-T2 for small prime kit

That does look like a nicely designed grip. I had a similar grip on my Leica Q, but it went up higher, basically making you wrap your middle, ring and pinkie all around the grip, which felt comfortable, but also making it very awkward to bend your index finger back up to the top plate to hit the shutter.

Allowing it to come up less higher, so the middle finger doesn't need to be stretch so far forward certainly looks like it allows the index finger to naturally fall on the shutter button, which is great

I'll likely order one next time I buy any new camera gear and try it out

Oct 30, 2016 at 07:51 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Viramati
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · X-Pro vs X-T2 for small prime kit

sfogg wrote:
Yes tried it yesterday and found it very slow compared to the Leica app and it really doesn't give you access to any of the camera functions

Have you tried it again lately? With the initial release of the XP2 the remote function was very laggy. It is better now, not sure if that was the recent firmware update or if the app itself was updated.

Shawn

Oct 30, 2016 at 08:15 PM
Viramati
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · X-Pro vs X-T2 for small prime kit

sfogg wrote:

Shawn

Yes tried it yesterday and found it very slow compared to the Leica app and it really doesn't give you access to any of the camera functions

Oct 30, 2016 at 08:17 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · X-Pro vs X-T2 for small prime kit

millsart wrote:
That does look like a nicely designed grip. I had a similar grip on my Leica Q, but it went up higher, basically making you wrap your middle, ring and pinkie all around the grip, which felt comfortable, but also making it very awkward to bend your index finger back up to the top plate to hit the shutter.

Allowing it to come up less higher, so the middle finger doesn't need to be stretch so far forward certainly looks like it allows the index finger to naturally fall on the shutter button, which is great

I'll likely order one next time
...Show more

I'm also happy with the hand and dial positioning on the XPro2, though in my case without adding a grip. There is an upside/downside related to the EC knob. On the downside, while it isn't as bad as in the earliest Fujifilm x-series cameras, it is still (in my view) a bit too easy to move the dial accidentally. On the upside, I also can operate it without removing my eye from the viewfinder.

Dan

Oct 30, 2016 at 09:05 PM
Wideprime29

p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · X-Pro vs X-T2 for small prime kit

I absolutely love my xt2, but I think you nailed it on the problems with ergonomics, millsart. The joystick & the q botton should switch places for the next one. I also use a pretty minimal wrist strap with string attachements that get less in the way of my fingers. However, besides maybe the size (which I like) there is nothing toylike about this camera. Like you, if the xpro had the same evf and a tilting screen I would go for that in a second.

Nov 01, 2016 at 10:54 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · X-Pro vs X-T2 for small prime kit

Viramati wrote:

The coming FW update might take care of that problem.

Nov 01, 2016 at 10:59 PM
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password