New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Website "About" Page

mmm55

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Website "About" Page

Background - I'm an engineer, over 33 years of experience, more than half that time running my own company. The past five years or so, I've been getting pretty heavily into photography. Through various channels, I've managed to sell one or two prints a week, along with an occasional commercial license. The thrill of someone ponying up their hard-earned cash to hang my art on their wall has become addictive, so now I'm starting to get more serious. I'm about done with the necessary Photodeck-Photoshelter-Zenfolio showdown (Photodeck wins, for sure), so my next step is putting together a professional, functional site. Here's what I've got so far - www.mkuznicki.com. Obviously, I've got a long way to go with uploading, organizing, metadata, pricing profiles, etc., but that's where things stand right now.

Which brings me to the topic of this post. I need help with my "About" page (http://www.mkuznicki.com/about). Firstly, I dislike writing about myself, but I think I can get over that hurdle. Secondly (my biggest issue), I don't have a professional photography background. No art degree, no formal training, no publications in major magazines and no awards other than some local stuff that nobody has ever heard of. So how do I make myself look like a serious photographer, one who knows his stuff, with that (lack of) background? Deep down, I'd like to think that this stuff doesn't matter - if someone likes the art, then they'll buy it regardless of who created it. But I'm not sure that's true, at least not with everyone. So how do I make an impression on prospective buyers? If I've done all the right things and convinced them to visit my site, and they appreciate my work, how do I make them take me seriously and seal the deal? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Oct 25, 2016 at 12:57 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password