New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Big discounts being offered on Canon's Printers

jancohen
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Big discounts being offered on Canon's Printers

So here I am almost a year later pondering a printer, still wanting one. I've never been crazy about Canon's Pro-1000, what with it's paper size limitations, nor have I been swayed enough to go after a P-800 which, if you purchase the roll paper holder, still runs you $1100 after rebates.

Then today, I was browsing printers again and noted what probably are additional seasonal discounts by Canon. I found them by way of Atlex's site, and a couple of them follow:

Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Printer 24" Wide Format
$300 Mail-in Rebate valid through 12/15/16 + $300 Instant Rebate Valid through 10/31/16.
Translated: $2196 after rebates.

Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-4000 Printer 44" Wide Format
$800 Mail-in Rebate valid through 12/15/16 + $500 Instant Rebate through 10/31/16!
Translated: $2496 after rebates.

While the same rebates are being offered on IT Supplies' site, if you click the link they provide to request the rebate, you're redirected to a rebate form on the Canon site which appears to be prepped for the new rebates. I tried submitting a purchase date of today, but the form didn't return any active rebates (could be they're planning to turn it on this week; or at least, hopefully, before the current rebates expire).

The 44" printer at $2496 certainly does seem like it would be a great deal for those who have the room for it (I don't) AND will make use of it; if the rebate starts showing up this week, I'll be hard pressed not to order a 2000.

Edited: I stand corrected. The rebates are being displayed on Canon's site, just not prominently. You have to select a model of printer from one of the dropdown's there and the rebate shows up.

Oct 24, 2016 at 08:16 PM
311erin
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Big discounts being offered on Canon's Printers

The rebates are displayed on both B&H and Adorama's websites. My 2000 will be here next week! Too hard to resist and apparently these aren't moving since these units were new this spring and are already rebated by the fall! Yea for me!

Oct 27, 2016 at 05:27 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Big discounts being offered on Canon's Printers

Depending on how much printing you do...some of these large format printers are not really suited for you, They are geared for large production facilities. Many of the Canon and Epson printers require regular printing to stay unclogged. If you are just purchasing for occasional printing, the HP printers are a much better approach. I've been using both a 24" and 44" HP printers for the last 8 years or so and have zero problems with clogged nozzles, even when not printing for a month. I've read way too many horror stories about the Canon and Epson prints requiring regular printing or major clogging issues occurring.

Think hard if you want to deal with the aggravations of clearing blocked nozzles every time you want to print. Not only does this throw away valuable ink...it throws away valuable time.

There is a reason these rebates are appearing so soon....think about it.

Oct 27, 2016 at 06:24 PM
311erin
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Big discounts being offered on Canon's Printers

chez wrote:
Depending on how much printing you do...some of these large format printers are not really suited for you, They are geared for large production facilities. Many of the Canon and Epson printers require regular printing to stay unclogged. If you are just purchasing for occasional printing, the HP printers are a much better approach. I've been using both a 24" and 44" HP printers for the last 8 years or so and have zero problems with clogged nozzles, even when not printing for a month. I've read way too many horror stories about the Canon and Epson prints requiring regular
...Show more

This will be my third large format Canon after living through the hell of Epson printhead clogs. I'm sure Epson has improved in the ten years since I last owned one, however the Canon machines have been virtually trouble free. I believe the reason for the rebates are few people "need" a large format printer and there even fewer interested in printing their own work anymore. I was actually surprised Canon and Epson even bothered to update their printers at all, thinking printing privately and commercially was fading away from existence. I have a need for several large prints and the economics of dyi out weighed sending them out to a service. It will cost less, be fun, and I will have a printer when I'm done!

Oct 27, 2016 at 10:18 PM
colinm
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Big discounts being offered on Canon's Printers

311erin wrote:
I believe the reason for the rebates are few people "need" a large format printer and there even fewer interested in printing their own work anymore.

Give away the razor, sell the blades. (If you're doing enough volume in ink, in fact, the major dealers will provide your Canon or Epson printers for free.) And Canon's got plenty of blades to sell with their disposable, self-destructing print heads on top of the umpteen ink and goop cartridges and maintenance tanks.

Oct 31, 2016 at 01:28 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.