Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       end
  

For those of you who have never seen it ...
  
 
veroman
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · For those of you who have never seen it ...


dhphoto wrote:
There must be a market for it though. He has places just like this all over. I won't be staying there though.


Apparently his residence looks like this, too. I think it occupies the top two floors of the tower.

- Steve



Oct 25, 2016 at 04:00 PM
15Bit
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · For those of you who have never seen it ...


veroman wrote:
Apparently his residence looks like this, too. I think it occupies the top two floors of the tower.

That explains something - if i had to live in a place like that i think i would also permanently look like i'd just swallowed a lemon.



Oct 25, 2016 at 05:04 PM
dhphoto
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · For those of you who have never seen it ...


veroman wrote:
Apparently his residence looks like this, too. I think it occupies the top two floors of the tower.

- Steve


I know this is strictly not a politics forum but quite how he has managed to pursuade millions of middle and low income Americans to believe he's 'one of them' I really don't know. He's as far removed from them as it's possible to be.



Oct 25, 2016 at 05:25 PM
veroman
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · For those of you who have never seen it ...


dhphoto wrote:
I know this is strictly not a politics forum but quite how he has managed to pursuade millions of middle and low income Americans to believe he's 'one of them' I really don't know. He's as far removed from them as it's possible to be.


I don't think he puts himself out there to be "one of them." Indeed, he makes it a point at every turn to let everyone know how rich and successful he is.

What he DOES do to attract his base, among other things, is feed back to them their misdirected angers and frustrations.

These are people who have been seriously displaced by major cultural shifts, i.e. new technologies, migration from an industrial-based hierarchal society to a more level, entrepreneurial technology-based culture. They are VERY angry at being left out, an isolation that's due mostly to their own conservative natures and resistance to change.

Trump gives them false hope and simply mirrors their finger-pointing. "The election is rigged." "Obama caused ISIS." "Your jobs were taken away from you by bad deals" etc. etc. etc.

If he were a photographer addressing a crowd of pro photographers whose businesses were going downhill, he'd be telling everyone and anyone who would listen that it's the camera industry's fault for embracing the new technology of digital and for corrupting the entire film business. "What a shame," he would say. "We all know film is better. But the business is rigged in the camera maker's favor. You don't have to transition to digital to make a good living. Vote for me and, I promise you, I'll bring back film."

- Steve



Oct 25, 2016 at 06:37 PM
rw11
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · For those of you who have never seen it ...


hmmm, politics...

ok, the real issue is that many low and lower-middle income Americans are being hurt economically, and this has gone on for years

the above means they are open to "other" ideas and both Bernie and the sociopath charlatan appeal to different ends of that group - young people at one end, and poorly educated older white men at the other

that group is ripe for plucking by a huckster and here we have a guy who is the PT barnum of real estate

he may also destroy the Republican party, which would mean a period of no "loyal opposition" (not that they were very good at loyalty anyway) and while I have not voted for an R. in decades (last guy was running for county roads commissioner) democracy functions best when there are 2 parties (or > 2 in a parliamentary system I guess)


and for a conspiracy theory: I bet Bill Clinton put him up to this (!!)

besides THAT, I hear he uses Canon



Oct 25, 2016 at 07:33 PM
15Bit
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · For those of you who have never seen it ...


veroman wrote:
They are VERY angry at being left out, an isolation that's due mostly to their own conservative natures and resistance to change.

Are you sure poverty isn't a major contributor to this? It's easy to blame people for the "face" they seem to show the world (and the stereotypes the media promote), but being unable to buy the things necessary for modern life and personal development is the surest way to be left behind. Remember, in the US the postcode into which you are born is a surprisingly strong predictor of your life story....

Trump (along with numerous european politicians i could name) gets his votes the old fashioned populist way - he offers simple, easy to understand solutions to complex problems. He then gains a following amongst the large number of people who are unable to grasp (or unwilling to face) the difficulties of fixing complex problems and want an answer they don't have to think about too much:

Immigration problems? Throw out the immigrants - simple!
Worried they'll come back? Build a wall - simple!
Struggling with balance of trade deficit? Tax all the chinese imports - simple!
Want to stop jobs moving offshore? Fine (or tax) companies who do it - simple!
Losing the election? Call your opponent a lying deceitful whore - simple!

I admit that last one is not working out so well for him...



Oct 25, 2016 at 07:45 PM
Rajan Parrikar
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · For those of you who have never seen it ...


Why is this thread in this forum? Are we Trump supporters allowed our say here as well?


Oct 25, 2016 at 07:45 PM
15Bit
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · For those of you who have never seen it ...


Rajan Parrikar wrote:
Why is this thread in this forum? Are we Trump supporters allowed our say here as well?


Absolutely, but get it in fast before the thread is locked



Oct 25, 2016 at 07:49 PM
Rajan Parrikar
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · For those of you who have never seen it ...


15Bit wrote:
Absolutely, but get it in fast before the thread is locked


No, I won't. I have PM'ed Fred Miranda. Amusing to see the hypocrisy of fellas who are usually quick to appoint themselves the forum nanny whenever someone strays just a few mm off. But when it suits their political worldview, anything goes.



Oct 25, 2016 at 07:51 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



dhphoto
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · For those of you who have never seen it ...


veroman wrote:
If he were a photographer addressing a crowd of pro photographers whose businesses were going downhill, he'd be telling everyone and anyone who would listen that it's the camera industry's fault for embracing the new technology of digital and for corrupting the entire film business. "What a shame," he would say. "We all know film is better. But the business is rigged in the camera maker's favor. You don't have to transition to digital to make a good living. Vote for me and, I promise you, I'll bring back film."

- Steve


Lovely sidestep back into photography, nicely done.

Seems like the choice between the devil and the deep blue polarised sea to me.



Oct 25, 2016 at 07:53 PM
OregonSun
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · For those of you who have never seen it ...



rw11 wrote:
...besides THAT, I hear he uses Canon


And he has a huuuuuuge lens!



Oct 25, 2016 at 08:08 PM
veroman
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · For those of you who have never seen it ...


Rajan Parrikar wrote:
No, I won't. I have PM'ed Fred Miranda ...


So rather than just speak out you go running to daddy?

So far, this thread has been calm and literate. I see nothing here to detract a Trump supporter from posting a comment. It's perhaps strayed somewhat from my original post ... which was to give people a glimpse of the now-infamous Trump tower.

Unfortunately, one cannot separate what the man has built and how he lives from what he says and how he promotes his candidacy. They are intertwined.

So post your comment. Keep it sane. I can't speak for others, but I promise I'll respect whatever you have to say, just as I respect two of my closest friends, who are also Trump supporters.

- Steve



Oct 25, 2016 at 08:28 PM
veroman
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · For those of you who have never seen it ...


Rajan Parrikar wrote:
Why is this thread in this forum? Are we Trump supporters allowed our say here as well?


Of course!



Oct 25, 2016 at 08:29 PM
Rajan Parrikar
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · For those of you who have never seen it ...


veroman wrote:
So rather than just speak out you go running to daddy?

So far, this thread has been calm and literate. I see nothing here to detract a Trump supporter from posting a comment. It's perhaps strayed somewhat from my original post ... which was to give people a glimpse of the now-infamous Trump tower.

Unfortunately, one cannot separate what the man has built and how he lives from what he says and how he promotes his candidacy. They are intertwined.

So post your comment. Keep it sane. I can't speak for others, but I promise I'll respect whatever you have to say, just
...Show more

I don't give 2 pins to your political views or for your respect apropos of my political views. This forum is not devoted to politics. Go find yourself a forum to express your political opinions. (Hint: there are at least two million of those.)



Oct 25, 2016 at 08:34 PM
15Bit
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · For those of you who have never seen it ...


We do appear to be going a little far along our entertaining diversion now, so it is perhaps time to backtrack.

In general i would say that all views are (or at least should be) welcome in forum discussions, so long as they are reasoned, supportable and presented accordingly. That applies to all topics, not just politics. The moment you move towards personal insults, however, you are no longer welcome.

Edited on Oct 25, 2016 at 08:45 PM · View previous versions



Oct 25, 2016 at 08:43 PM
OregonSun
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · For those of you who have never seen it ...




Rajan Parrikar wrote:
I don't give 2 pins to your political views or for your respect apropos of my political views. This forum is not devoted to politics. Go find yourself a forum to express your political opinions. (Hint: there are at least two million of those.)


And yet you yourself made a comment expressing your political views, engaging in precisely the behavior you are complaining about. Why don't we all just lighten up and stop trying to police each other's behavior. Easy enough to skip the threads you don't want to participate in.

Heron



Oct 25, 2016 at 08:45 PM
slee915
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · For those of you who have never seen it ...


Now back to Canon gear discussion.

I found the image soft, esp at the corners. Lens should be stopped down more for more DoF, plus a tilt screen on the camera would have helped the positioning and composition a lot more.



Oct 25, 2016 at 08:45 PM
gdanmitchell
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · For those of you who have never seen it ...


slee915 wrote:
Now back to Canon gear discussion.


I hear the equipment works well for photographers with small hands.

15Bit wrote:
... but get it in fast before the thread is locked


Just reported it to moderators. Hope they kill it quickly.



Oct 25, 2016 at 10:17 PM
1      
2
       end






FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password