Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Link to adaptor known to mate pen F to A7II?

LocoPhoto
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Link to adaptor known to mate pen F to A7II?

Hey everyone,

Just having a bit of a difficulty finding the right adaptor that will fit a Pen-F lens to mount it on a Sony A7II?

The NEX adaptor that mount Pen-F all say "will not work on A7R and A7II"

Can I bug someone to please provide a link to the right product?

Lens will be a 42/1.2 and I'm aware it will vignette a little.

Thanks so much,

Loco

Oct 24, 2016 at 09:53 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Link to adaptor known to mate pen F to A7II?

I thought I was going to be able to link you to Fotodiox's pro model, but they don't list it anymore. And I'm not seeing it anywhere else. If you e-mail them, they might be able to dig one up for you.

Oct 25, 2016 at 01:48 AM
TMaG82
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Link to adaptor known to mate pen F to A7II?

LocoPhoto wrote:
Hey everyone,

Just having a bit of a difficulty finding the right adaptor that will fit a Pen-F lens to mount it on a Sony A7II?

The NEX adaptor that mount Pen-F all say "will not work on A7R and A7II"

Can I bug someone to please provide a link to the right product?

Lens will be a 42/1.2 and I'm aware it will vignette a little.

Thanks so much,

Loco

One would imagine the reason it says will not work on a7 is because of the vignetting issue. It should physically mount fine since they're all E-Mount.

Oct 25, 2016 at 04:43 AM
arduluth
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Link to adaptor known to mate pen F to A7II?

TMaG82 wrote:
One would imagine the reason it says will not work on a7 is because of the vignetting issue. It should physically mount fine since they're all E-Mount.

I was thinking the same thing. Some of my adapters were advertised as not working for the A7 series, but work on my A7 just fine. Not sure if there are any dumb adapters that actually don't work on some E mount cameras but do on others, but I haven't actually seen anything like that yet.

Oct 25, 2016 at 08:32 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Link to adaptor known to mate pen F to A7II?

It's because they were made for the NEX and original a7/a7r mounts. When Sony stopped using the plastic backed mounts, some of the older adapters were too tight to be used.

It's more obvious when you see Fotodiox's restrictions, which start with the a7s, the first one that had the all-metal mount:

Note: This adapter will NOT fit on the Sony a7S, a7 II, a7S II, and a7R II. However, the pro version of the adapter will fit these models.

Oct 25, 2016 at 12:41 PM
LocoPhoto
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Link to adaptor known to mate pen F to A7II?

Thanks guys, very much....I'll google up a Fotodiox Pro adaptor tonight and see what I can find.

I was tempted to take the long shot and order up a NEX adaptor but much prefer buying the right thing one time.

Any other input or links greatly appreciated, would love to know if other adaptors would work too...I just like knowing of more than one solution in case a product ever stops being available.

Oct 26, 2016 at 12:29 AM
mawz
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Link to adaptor known to mate pen F to A7II?

Remember also that PenF lenses are half-frame. They'll barely cover DX for the most part.

Oct 29, 2016 at 10:11 AM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Link to adaptor known to mate pen F to A7II?

I don't know about that exact lens and its image circle, but the Pen-F glass was designed to cover just half a 35mm film negative. That was kind of the unique thing about those camera's, twice as many shots per roll.

They were like the first "crop" sensor in a way

As such, I don't know how well the lenses will do covering the full sensor size of the A7 series. You might have to crop a good portion of the frame away, the same as if you used an APS-C lens

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:14 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.