New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Ctek Chargers

voidsherpa
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ctek Chargers

Anybody use these to charge and maintain their portable power solutions? Thinking of the best way to charge a gaggle of Profoto 12v batteries in parallel and then another charger for a couple of vagabond mini lith ion's. Checking to see if anybody had experience in running the Cteks.

Oct 24, 2016 at 09:00 AM
Roland W
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ctek Chargers

You should not try to charge any batteries in parallel. Their different state of charge or different internal condition will cause improper charging of the batteries, and might even result in an over heat situation of a battery. And in the case of Lithium Ion batteries, the results of an overheat or other fault condition can be spectacular and dangerous. Look toward getting individual chargers per battery, either the correct charger, or a charger that is made for the voltage and capacity and battery type that you have. There are much lower cost chargers available, but you need to shop around and match them well to the battery. I can not remember any specifics, but I found some chargers for my Profoto lead acid gel cells, and got ones that matched the Profoto high rate charger. They cost about 20% of what Profoto wanted for those high rate chargers.

Oct 28, 2016 at 04:26 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.