New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Printing A DVD on Canon Pixma Pro-100

Ken_K
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Printing A DVD on Canon Pixma Pro-100

I'm trying to print an image on a DVD using the above referenced printer. Lightroom and Photoshop Elements keep giving me error messages that the inner cover is open. Of course it's open - you have to insert the DVD tray to print! I've also tried Canon's Easy-PhotoPrint EX and My Image Garden. Both apps work fine except that the image is larger than the DVD no matter what size I use. My last attempt involved an image that was 2.5 x 1.75" on a standard 12cm (4.72") DVD but the image printed much larger than the DVD.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oct 23, 2016 at 12:59 PM
rondoc68

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Printing A DVD on Canon Pixma Pro-100

This may work. In the Pro-100 printer driver set the following:
Main>Media Type>Other Papers>Printable Disc
Page Setup>Page Size>Disc Tray K

With the disc tray out of the printer and the cover closed, send the print job to the printer. You should shortly get a message to open the cover and insert the tray. Insert the tray and press enter on your keyboard or resume/continue on the screen with your mouse.

I use none of the software you mentioned so can't help you further.

Oct 24, 2016 at 02:09 PM
Ken_K
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Printing A DVD on Canon Pixma Pro-100

Rondoc, your suggestion worked except for one problem. In LR print module, the image shows as a rectangle, even though Printable disk is selected. The cell size 4.7 x 6.7". Any idea how to make the print preview reflect a disk ?
Thanks for your help.

Oct 24, 2016 at 03:06 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rondoc68

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Printing A DVD on Canon Pixma Pro-100

You can try to resize the image and convert to a circle. I use Photoshop CS 6 to do this, not any of the software you use. Elements may work similarly. Crop the image to a 4.7 inch square. With the Eliptical Marquee Tool selected, drag the marker from one corner to its opposite corner. This will give you a circle 4.7 inches in diameter with the corners cropped. Select clear and the corners should disappear. If the circle disappears, select inverse first, then clear and the corners should disappear. Beyond this I can't help you as I am not familiar with your software.

Oct 24, 2016 at 05:12 PM
Ken_K
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Printing A DVD on Canon Pixma Pro-100

With a bit more work, I think your plan is the answer. The image I'm trying to use has a graphic with lettering that I'm trying to preserve. When cropping to a circle, either the lettering gets cut off or the image is larger than 4.7". I'll keep playing with it.
Again, thanks for taking time to help.

Oct 25, 2016 at 01:48 PM
rondoc68

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Printing A DVD on Canon Pixma Pro-100

You're welcome. One quick thought is to make your image smaller than 4.7 x 4.7 and surround it with a border to bring it back to 4.7 x 4.7. When you remove the corners the image will contain all the information you want, but of course will be smaller.

Oct 26, 2016 at 01:32 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password