Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       end
  

99II in short supply
  
 
MJKoski
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · 99II in short supply


If A-mount magically gained all special lenses Canon has now (TS-E's, long telephotos etc.) I bet E-mount customers would be gone in 6 months. Maybe those 1% who have bought GM-lenses will stay.

Unless, R3 gets 99II body form excluding the mirror box AND equal lens selection.

My vision is that most Canon converts switched to Sony for better IQ. Size is a bogus reason in the very end (GM quality lenses). It will be interesting to see what happens when Canon brings MILC FF system into table as they have already shown advances in sensor development. Their lens adapter will for sure work properly with their own lenses.



Oct 25, 2016 at 12:02 PM
pizdets17
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · 99II in short supply


I agree. I switched because my a6000 gave me better images than my 5d3 when I went on a trip to GNP. I could not believe the DR from that little thing.

MJKoski wrote:
If A-mount magically gained all special lenses Canon has now (TS-E's, long telephotos etc.) I bet E-mount customers would be gone in 6 months. Maybe those 1% who have bought GM-lenses will stay.

Unless, R3 gets 99II body form excluding the mirror box AND equal lens selection.

My vision is that most Canon converts switched to Sony for better IQ. Size is a bogus reason in the very end (GM quality lenses). It will be interesting to see what happens when Canon brings MILC FF system into table as they have already shown advances in sensor development. Their lens adapter will for
...Show more



Oct 25, 2016 at 04:13 PM
chez
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · 99II in short supply


MJKoski wrote:
If A-mount magically gained all special lenses Canon has now (TS-E's, long telephotos etc.) I bet E-mount customers would be gone in 6 months. Maybe those 1% who have bought GM-lenses will stay.

Unless, R3 gets 99II body form excluding the mirror box AND equal lens selection.

My vision is that most Canon converts switched to Sony for better IQ. Size is a bogus reason in the very end (GM quality lenses). It will be interesting to see what happens when Canon brings MILC FF system into table as they have already shown advances in sensor development. Their lens adapter will for
...Show more

I actually switched for both image quality and size. The thing is you can make a nice compact kit for travel with the Sony...not so much with Canon. You don't need GM quality for every shoot.



Oct 25, 2016 at 04:53 PM
JimUe
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · 99II in short supply


I would have loved a smaller kit when I traveled to DOF.


Oct 25, 2016 at 05:24 PM
Mystik
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · 99II in short supply


MJKoski wrote:
My vision is that most Canon converts switched to Sony for better IQ. Size is a bogus reason in the very end (GM quality lenses). It will be interesting to see what happens when Canon brings MILC FF system into table as they have already shown advances in sensor development. Their lens adapter will for sure work properly with their own lenses.


Not necessarily. A-mount lenses don't even work fully on Sony mirrorless bodies.

It has nothing to do with being the same brand and everything to do with the fact that DSLR motors do not work well with mirrorless AF systems.



Oct 25, 2016 at 07:36 PM
freaklikeme
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · 99II in short supply


pizdets17 wrote:
Well thanks to the mailman, I completed hoarding A mount lenses today. Now I just sit on my hands and wait while using them adapted on a7r2


It must be really difficult to operate the a7rII while sitting on your hands. It also makes me wonder what you're photographing.



Oct 25, 2016 at 08:17 PM
pizdets17
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · 99II in short supply


Thats what touchless shutter app is for. I just waive my face in front of it. See there's a Sony answer for everything

freaklikeme wrote:
It must be really difficult to operate the a7rII while sitting on your hands. It also makes me wonder what you're photographing.





Oct 25, 2016 at 08:33 PM
freaklikeme
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · 99II in short supply


MJKoski wrote:
If A-mount magically gained all special lenses Canon has now (TS-E's, long telephotos etc.) I bet E-mount customers would be gone in 6 months. Maybe those 1% who have bought GM-lenses will stay.

Unless, R3 gets 99II body form excluding the mirror box AND equal lens selection.

My vision is that most Canon converts switched to Sony for better IQ. Size is a bogus reason in the very end (GM quality lenses). It will be interesting to see what happens when Canon brings MILC FF system into table as they have already shown advances in sensor development. Their lens adapter will for
...Show more

I think you're mistaking your view of the a7-series for overall user opinion, and it seems like there's plenty of evidence on the boards to support that. You being unhappy with the ergonomics and environmental limitations is not the same as the preponderance of users being unhappy.

I also think you're giving Canon too much credit. None of the EOS-M's have worked as well with the EF-to-M adapter as those lenses work on the Rebel, 7D, or 7DII. I'm not sure how switching to a FF sensor is going to fix that.



Oct 25, 2016 at 08:39 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



freaklikeme
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · 99II in short supply


pizdets17 wrote:
Thats what touchless shutter app is for. I just waive my face in front of it. See there's a Sony answer for everything



If all you're after is photos of you sitting on your hands, I suppose so.



Oct 25, 2016 at 08:47 PM
xpfloyd
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · 99II in short supply



chez wrote:
I highly doubt that. The only people I hear complain about battery life are non Sony users and many R2 shooters love the smaller compact body...one of the reasons people switched to Sony.


Exactly. I love the size of my a7rii and button placement and battery life has never been an issue. These things are now spoken about as if they are design flaws



Oct 25, 2016 at 08:54 PM
xpfloyd
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · 99II in short supply



freaklikeme wrote:
I think you're mistaking your view of the a7-series for overall user opinion


This!

If they make the a7riii body bigger like the a99ii I certainly won't be upgrading


Edited on Oct 25, 2016 at 09:07 PM · View previous versions



Oct 25, 2016 at 09:06 PM
Chris_88
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · 99II in short supply


freaklikeme wrote:
I think you're mistaking your view of the a7-series for overall user opinion, and it seems like there's plenty of evidence on the boards to support that. You being unhappy with the ergonomics and environmental limitations is not the same as the preponderance of users being unhappy.

I also think you're giving Canon too much credit. None of the EOS-M's have worked as well with the EF-to-M adapter as those lenses work on the Rebel, 7D, or 7DII. I'm not sure how switching to a FF sensor is going to fix that.


+1.

Totally agree. Even with the small market share of a-mount in recent shares, you'd think that there are still plenty of a-mount users out there who sit on more or less extensive collections of a-mount glass. Action/wildlife shooters who may prefer better ISO compared to the a99 or a77ii, FF shooters clamoring for a better sensor than the 24MP in the a99, etc.

That being said, I don't want to speak for anybody in particular, but looking around here, I'm sure plenty of regulars on this board would have never picked up an a-mount camera. It's just a completely different beast. e-mount at least gives you the option of going compact, by mounting alt lenses (thanks to the Techart adapter even with AF) or the 28 2/35 2.8/55 1.8. This flexibility is a big thing for me, and going by the comments on this board I'm not the only one who thinks that way.

Not every e-mount is as big as a GM. As for smaller lenses, good luck trying to shrink down a 24-70 2.8 optimized to withstand the scrutiny of ever higher MP sensors all the way into the corners.



Oct 25, 2016 at 09:07 PM
pizdets17
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · 99II in short supply


Spoken by people who are used to way bigger cameras with more room for button placement. I've never had an issue with my a7r2's ergonomics. Just want the a99II for the speed

xpfloyd wrote:
Exactly. I love the size of my a7rii and button placement and battery life has never been an issue. These things are now spoken about as if they are design flaws





Oct 25, 2016 at 09:07 PM
MJKoski
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · 99II in short supply


The point for Canon adapter was correct sensor-flange distance unlike Metabones which has to be shimmed to work correctly with WA TS-E lenses.

I stand by my vision of switching to Sony for IQ reasons. Size is funny argument. I have no problems carrying 15kg of photo gear to the wilderness for extended periods of time. Point is that people doing such trips are usually in top physical condition anyways and size & weight is of minor hazard. Modern cellphones are good enough for "photowalks" around town or city.



Oct 25, 2016 at 09:58 PM
chez
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · 99II in short supply


MJKoski wrote:
The point for Canon adapter was correct sensor-flange distance unlike Metabones which has to be shimmed to work correctly with WA TS-E lenses.

I stand by my vision of switching to Sony for IQ reasons. Size is funny argument. I have no problems carrying 15kg of photo gear to the wilderness for extended periods of time. Point is that people doing such trips are usually in top physical condition anyways and size & weight is of minor hazard. Modern cellphones are good enough for "photowalks" around town or city.


That's your opinion and that's fine...but do respect other people's opinions. I travel a lot for my photography and do not use my phone for the photos. I carry around my camera around my wrist for entire days through crowded streets...its not what can be carried on my back...but what is on my wrist ready to take photos.

Point is, there are many different types of photography and the type your are talking about ( trips into the wilderness ) I used to do with my Pentax 6x7 outfit...which I carried on my back and setup once I got to my location onto my tripod and took photos. I found carrying this equipment on my back easier than carrying a DSLR sized camera around my wrist for a day.



Oct 26, 2016 at 12:44 AM
1       2      
3
       end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password