Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · Tamron 35mm 1.8 SP? Rational or irrational aversion to a non-Nikon lens?

jasonkuo

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Tamron 35mm 1.8 SP? Rational or irrational aversion to a non-Nikon lens?

Thanks for chiming in with your Sigma and Tamron experiences. Interestingly, between the Tamron 35 and the Nikon 35, lens rentals found greater sample variation with the Nikon! I was surprised.

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2015/12/tamron-f1-8-vc-prime-lenses-sharpness-mtf-curves/

Frogfish wrote:
Tamron & Sigma have come a long long way from the cheapo 3rd party manufacturers they used to be. Having had 3 ART lenses and the superb Tamron 15-30 in the past 2-3 years I wouldn't think twice about buying lenses from these brands today.

Re-sale is an issue but not if you buy Used to begin with (though sample variance is a greater issue than with a Nikon so it could be someone dumping a lens with an issue - try to buy from FM and a reputable seller if going the Used route).

Oct 31, 2016 at 02:52 PM
jasonkuo

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Tamron 35mm 1.8 SP? Rational or irrational aversion to a non-Nikon lens?

@tdlavigne @vetra lens and everyone else, thank you so much for your input and putting my third-party lens aversión to rest! I went ahead and ordered the Tamron 35mm. For my purposes, it's the only one that hit all the checkboxes I wanted at any price point, and it happens to be on the lower end of the price spectrum. In particular, the close focus, VC, weather sealing, and excellent uniformity across the focal plane were all great features, the first three of which are unique to just the Tamron SP.

I should have it by the end of this week, so I will report back soon! I have a feeling it will fit me very well, and hopefully I'll soon get over the lack of a "Nikon" label on it.

Thanks,
Jason

Oct 31, 2016 at 03:00 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.