Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Help! How do I use the D4s/D5 banks?

SoundHound
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help! How do I use the D4s/D5 banks?

I have never figured out how the D series bodies banks work. They seem to be incomplete and flush out after the body turn off-on. So I just change every setting manually. Is there is someone out there that can help make these banks useful? Please!

Oct 22, 2016 at 04:13 PM
rico
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help! How do I use the D4s/D5 banks?

I'm similarly stumped by banks, and would appreciate hints to their usage. Currently, I just ignore them, but that doesn't seem right.

Oct 22, 2016 at 05:46 PM
SoundHound
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Help! How do I use the D4s/D5 banks?

OK over 200 views and nobody has a clue. Conclusion: Banks are useless! Somebody, Please, prove me wrong.

Oct 28, 2016 at 04:01 PM
LivLif
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Help! How do I use the D4s/D5 banks?

Wish I knew. I've always been stumped by there usage as well. Wish they functioned more like the u1/u1 on D750

Oct 28, 2016 at 04:08 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

la puffin
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Help! How do I use the D4s/D5 banks?

I have no idea why they aren't being saved for you. I remember something about this in the KR review too. But I just checked on my D500 since it's right in front of me, and they are saved when I turn the body off.

I use two different custom banks set up on my D5 and D500. For example, I have shutter button focus on in one setting for use with a wireless trigger. In my main bank (renamed SPORTS), it's disabled.

Oct 28, 2016 at 05:50 PM
ariot
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Help! How do I use the D4s/D5 banks?

Find a guide online. Here's one I thought was easy to read. http://photokaz.com/blog/2015/05/18/nikon-d810-setup-and-configuration/

I ended up making two of my own. They ain't that great, really. Not like the U1-U2.

The most-often made mistake is that the user does not press OK when changing a setting inside a shooting menu bank -- instead they just step back.

Secondly, chances are the stuff you wanted to store isn't in the shooting menu banks, so when you go make one, you find out, "Meh, this ain't that great."

Oct 28, 2016 at 05:58 PM
Norm Shapiro
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Help! How do I use the D4s/D5 banks?

I use banks on my D300s bodies and they are always there. As ariot says make sure you push OK after selecting what you want to change and/or save a setting. This is basic with Nikon menus.

Oct 28, 2016 at 07:25 PM
CanadaMark
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Help! How do I use the D4s/D5 banks?

Press the actual OK button, not the center of the multi-selector if you want to make sure something is set. This gets people all the time when they try to format their cards too.

Oct 28, 2016 at 09:41 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password