New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Accessories: Sunsniper Rotaball strap

sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Accessories: Sunsniper Rotaball strap

about 4 years ago I saw the Sunsniper cross strap camera strap at PhotoPlus. they were just about to intro the Rotaball setup. then they promptly disappeared. last week they showed back up again showing their wares. it seems that going back to their first appearance Black Rapid took umbrage to the Sunsniper product and promptly started legal action againt them. in the end BR did lose that action and Sunsniper is back. yes, they do share some similar design prompts as with others too. but it ends at the connector. to me theirs is simply better.

where, in my opinion, BR fumbled and stumbled with various issues of their attachment system Sunsniper went a different more thoughtful route. ok, this route leans closer to the Custom SLR design in basic function (my preferred) but with refinement and lending itself to being more things to more users.

the primary difference is the "Rotaball". in addition the strap assy has some nice things too.

Sunsniper Rotaball Pro

Edited on Oct 22, 2016 at 05:54 PM · View previous versions

Oct 22, 2016 at 08:47 AM
No Regrets
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Accessories: Sunsniper Rotaball strap

Hi,
I have just recently bought the Sun-Sniper Rotaball Pro myself. I absolutely love this sling! The shoulder pad is thick and comfortable. The shock absorber works as I can see it stretch from the weight of my Nikon 200f/2 VRII. I love the Rotaball connector as it swivels nice and smooth, doesn't squeak from metal on metal, nor scratch up my gear. Plus I have not heard nor read of any instances of it unscrewing unknowingly, unlike that of another sling system.

I connect the Rotaball connector to a Henjar 1.5" quick release clamp which I then connect to my lens foot, to my camera plate when using lighter lenses than my 200f2. Allows me to use the sling or transfer to my tripod and back in seconds!

Absolutely love this system. Although, someone recently said that they wouldn't trust the weight of my 200f2 hanging from it. Should I be worried? I'm not aware of any instances of the Rotaball failing. It's rated at over 11lbs capacity.

What do you all think?

Best wishes,
Don

Oct 22, 2016 at 02:48 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Accessories: Sunsniper Rotaball strap

Did you see the German dude swinging from it?

http://www.sun-sniper.com/system/html/Stress-Test-frei-0999e2e9.png

EBH

Oct 22, 2016 at 02:57 PM
No Regrets
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Accessories: Sunsniper Rotaball strap

Yes I did. He weighs 183lbs! That inspired confidence enough for me to purchase it. The site also said its recommended for systems over 11lbs. I figured I was safe... And it does feel very secure Just wondering if I'm missing something as someone had expressed concern for my gear.

Oct 22, 2016 at 03:05 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Accessories: Sunsniper Rotaball strap

There will always be points of failure. IME the main one is often between the ears.

EBH

Oct 22, 2016 at 03:36 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.