Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Rainbow Harbor Pano

Criticism welcome

Oct 22, 2016 at 12:06 AM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Rainbow Harbor Pano

I think you did a good job with the exposure. Nice combination of shadows and artificial light. The white balance looks good. I like the bright green building on the left. Offers a distinct accent to the fairly reddish scene. My issue is with the composition. It is quite busy which probably gave you some stress. Very hard to get clean edges in such a scene so a boat is cropped on the left and the moving boat's reflection is cropped, the right edge might benefit from a tiny crop, and poles are hitting the top edge. It would have been nice if the oncoming boat were more by itself but such is life. I still like the overall harbor scene with the line of cranes behind.

Oct 22, 2016 at 11:54 AM
roshambo123
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Rainbow Harbor Pano

Thank you for the feedback. Confirms what I was already thinking.

I was 90% certain I'd have to reshoot this scene when I was there. The sailboat in front of the green building breaks up the lines, and if the on-coming boat wasn't a sailboat it would have the full reflection. It was the only boat that came through at the time though. I also question if the yacht in the upper right adds anything. It has a bit of motion blur which doesn't please me either.

Oct 22, 2016 at 12:37 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.