New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Lightroom CC 2015.7 updated 5DsR profile

rabbitmountain
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom CC 2015.7 updated 5DsR profile

To whom it may concern:

After installing Lightroom CC 2015.7 update, I immediately noticed a different look to the images. After checking the Camera Calibration tab it turns out they included a new profile called "Adobe Standard v2". As we all know, the original Adobe Standard profile has a very contrasty look which renders totally different from other Canon bodies.

Interestingly, I had installed a profile from one of the adobe forums threads, posted by one of Adobe staff, called "Medium Contrast". When comparing this profile to the new "Adobe Standard v2" profile shows they are identical, as there is no histogram shift whatsoever.

The original Adobe Standard profile is still available.

This is good news for most photographers as the starting point for doing PP work now is much more neutral and consistent with other newer bodies like the 1Dx2.

Thought this might interest some here on FM.

Ralph

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:27 PM
Ron Hu

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom CC 2015.7 updated 5DsR profile

For LR I used my color checker PP and its generated profile. I never used Adobe's profile the 5DsR.

But because every version of LR is more crap, and gets slower.. I mean so slow that 28 processors, SSD pipeline for disk IO and 16GB of ram isn't enough I moved.

I use Capture One now.

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:34 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lightroom CC 2015.7 updated 5DsR profile

I just tried the new profile it is very close to my Color Checker Passport profile I'd been using. My CCP profile is still just a little richer in colours so I'll stick with that but this V2 from Adobe is a very good starting point for those without their own profiles.

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:39 PM
rabbitmountain
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lightroom CC 2015.7 updated 5DsR profile

Ron Hu wrote:
For LR I used my color checker PP and its generated profile. I never used Adobe's profile the 5DsR.

But because every version of LR is more crap, and gets slower.. I mean so slow that 28 processors, SSD pipeline for disk IO and 16GB of ram isn't enough I moved.

I use Capture One now.

Can't imagine myself leaving LR really. My catalog with search options is dear to me.

By the way I posted this here and not in the PP forum because it's canon gear related and I know many of us use this combination of 5DsR and LR.

Oct 22, 2016 at 08:04 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password