New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · 5D4 and LR5

tyue

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 5D4 and LR5

I have LR5 and PS5 purchased and I used them from time to time.

With 5D4, I am unable to use the RAW file on both applications. What I can do is to use the Adobe RAW converter to convert CR2 files to DNGs.

The only problem is, no much how I adjust the LR5 settings, I am unable to re-create the color that is created by DPP. I love the color produced by DPP.

I suppose I can fork out $10 each month for the subscription based LR/PS so I can use the CR2 files directly and apply the camera preset to recreate a DPP like color interpretation. But I don't want to do that just yet.

Is there any presets out there so I can load a DNG files into LR and once I apply the preset, I can make LR5 to create colors like the DPP does?

Thanks,

Tim

P.S. 5D4 rocks. SOOC shot.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ixKvAi4hW5TOh_QxiFxpdD-rvyqwQcHnkOMBGFtaRi7myrdnrFjoGuTKMy1AkpyEaCZxF5qyG3abE33a1l_HE5w28MVj1MLGcT9S0FeXiVnVUVFD2qzjunNmAqURGTioGg7AiM3XQI6eicjJvyRNUVu2Rkscu-U3EoZXSeUQucFOJicsgXzn6vlD40bgeE5kDijL3x9Sv1hZhHaQLYiCPsNB-1VN5lR2kG8STKxDA57BOHu_9rwl7f-Fq7Rqr_OVAr3NR3eVehBvhU_laUpZAx25z9M2toNjMwBfgCuiu_TdHnHvxcfzPSAUsczbqM1yw-odCk9r9h9lhXZpai55eSLr9K__vwnokVVN1ZbYVzajQ0XO7s_cbZXAGP360IUP7m_IOX4pTIyXQ0B2XFH2BackaptLisbp2NlDxOvfeGo8ecqTH13gRGs2X2SNef10jY42k36mSsidUj-xHEkGAmO5gnVdjhtZ2UD9JguoCeQ_9-kQNYxUuaOkLt8vyh7dfaRDyjnBwbsbsUbZjqYi_Fd8p-EPDnJOlvwaDL5eTDu9OlMd34GTGJgMKSjCxYXqP8ZAVgrwa4uFYzaxT-sm_-qd035wub28GifqUDxPvaabyoYFEA=w1655-h1103-no?.jpg

Oct 21, 2016 at 01:48 PM
kevindar
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 5D4 and LR5

Your shot is not showing.
under your processing, on the bottom, what camera profile are you using? adobe standard? camera neutral? I find that if I use camera neutral I get the best looking colors out of LR for my canon files.
Your other option is import in dpp, convert to 16 bit tiff, and then process through LR.

Oct 21, 2016 at 02:58 PM
Milan Hutera
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 5D4 and LR5

You can purchase a stand alone LR6 update for around 80 USD. Try using one of the camera profiles, not the one called "Adobe Standard". Most of the times, it gives way too saturated blues, although this may vary from camera to camera.
I would never convert my CR2 raws to DNG, but that's just me...

Oct 21, 2016 at 03:43 PM
rabbitmountain
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 5D4 and LR5

You could download an evaluation copy of LR6/CC and use it for 30 days. At least you can confirm for yourself that the Cr2 files do provide the colour that you wish. If not, you may be looking for a different solution i.e. Profiles.

Alternatively, you may have some CR2 files lying around from older bodies that are supported by LR5 and compare DPP vs LR/ACR colours.

Oct 21, 2016 at 04:05 PM
tyue

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 5D4 and LR5

Looks like the only solution I have is to pay Adobe.

With CR2 converted to DNG, LR only shows Adobe Standard as the only profile.

Thanks.

Oct 22, 2016 at 02:26 AM
rabbitmountain
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 5D4 and LR5

Like I said, I advise you keep on to your money for now, try it first and see if the full profiles work for you. DPP is a different RAW converter so even the current LR version might disappoint. It does for some, but for most it's fine.

Oct 22, 2016 at 02:52 AM
15Bit
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 5D4 and LR5

In my experience Camera RAW never produces comparable output to DPP (even with the "camera faithful" profile). Same for Capture One. They all have their own rendering styles, and you just pick the one you prefer for the image. You can of course profile your camera with an Xrite target or similar, but it will still not be the same as DPP....

Oct 22, 2016 at 03:09 AM
PhilDrinkwater
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 5D4 and LR5

15Bit wrote:
In my experience Camera RAW never produces comparable output to DPP (even with the "camera faithful" profile). Same for Capture One. They all have their own rendering styles, and you just pick the one you prefer for the image. You can of course profile your camera with an Xrite target or similar, but it will still not be the same as DPP....

Indeed. The only thing that will process like dpp is dpp.

Oct 22, 2016 at 04:25 AM
johnctharp
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 5D4 and LR5

DPP's fine if you're going slow, shot to shot- you might even get quick about it if you do the same thing every time, burn a TIFF, then export into your current LR/PS stack.

Oct 22, 2016 at 04:46 AM
tyue

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 5D4 and LR5

LR will produce a close enough rendering like DPP when the right Profile is used, I had that experience with my 5D2 CR2s.

I tried cooking a 16 bit TIFF from 5D4 CR2 and it seems to work fine on LR. That is another way to work with the files without spending extra money, for now.

I don't like DNG myself as it seems to throw away some useful information, in this case, the profiles.

Is there a way to make to force an older LR to display the correct profile for 5D4 ?

Oct 22, 2016 at 10:49 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.