New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · On the subject of the D500 and Lexar XQD 2.0 cards

sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · On the subject of the D500 and Lexar XQD 2.0 cards

as I was moving through Photo Plus I stopped by the Lexar booth. I inquired about the issues that were occurring when using their XQD 2.0 2933x cards along with certain SD cards. he pretty much immediately referred me to their pro tech support phone number and that they will hep resolve it. there is a firmware update for the cards themselves. I had the first batch with the original firmware. I have sent all 4 of my 64GB cards back to them for the resolution. now I have had 3 points in use where the D500 failed to operate properly with no faults on my then D4s. yes it will, depending on your shipping method to them, take about 2 turn around. they say they ship back via UPS 3 day service.

the Pro Support Number is: 888.363.4309

yes, I still have 1 new revised 64GB card from them and 2 Sony 32GB cards to work with. More than enough

Oct 21, 2016 at 03:42 PM
ariot
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · On the subject of the D500 and Lexar XQD 2.0 cards

Thanks for posting this.

I only have two Lexar 64GB, and I have not had any problems in the D500.

I assume there were no warnings or condition sets for your problems that we can watch for?

Oct 21, 2016 at 04:07 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · On the subject of the D500 and Lexar XQD 2.0 cards

with a 2000x UHS-II card from Lexar installed that I have. just dropped the battery out and reloaded. no further issue that day. this is a highly intermittent issue.

Oct 21, 2016 at 04:11 PM
Dj R
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · On the subject of the D500 and Lexar XQD 2.0 cards

revised my firmware on the d500 and no hiccups at all with lexar pro cards
sd and xqd

Oct 21, 2016 at 06:56 PM
runamuck
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · On the subject of the D500 and Lexar XQD 2.0 cards

NO problems with the supposedly obsolete 128 gig 30 dollar SD cards.

Oct 21, 2016 at 07:39 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · On the subject of the D500 and Lexar XQD 2.0 cards

copy on the obsolete

Oct 21, 2016 at 08:25 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · On the subject of the D500 and Lexar XQD 2.0 cards

Dj R wrote:
revised my firmware on the d500 and no hiccups at all with lexar pro cards
sd and xqd

the point of the firmware update in the card is to prevent the higher speed card from dropping into a lower state. if you are like runamuck and that doesn't matter stick with what you got.

Oct 21, 2016 at 08:27 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · On the subject of the D500 and Lexar XQD 2.0 cards

all 4 cards returned brand new. now that should ensure that the camera firmware installed for this issue will not have to engage and slow things down since no issue should occur to cause it.

Nov 01, 2016 at 09:49 PM
John Skinner
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · On the subject of the D500 and Lexar XQD 2.0 cards

In order to have a Pro Support Number, it's counterintuitive to offer substandard services to pros.

3 week turn-around times on memory equipment is a laughing stock. I see more and more people in venues I work everyday chucking this company right out of their bags as time and problems march on.

Casual weekend/day shooters will probably never have an encounter with any issues, and to that, it's not lost on me that this is the market they take care of.. In my 35+ years in this gig, I've rarely found a group as arrogant and pigheaded as this lot is.

Will never trust or use LEXAR products ever again.

Pro Support Number my rear end !

Nov 02, 2016 at 05:21 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · On the subject of the D500 and Lexar XQD 2.0 cards

Oh well.

there is the Sony option. I have the cards and so far the only issue I have had has been on the D500 and they have dealt with it as well as I could expect. they tripped and now are getting up and cleaning up.

like any pro mistakes are made. its how you resolve them. like inspecting your gear before going out to work.

and I thought I was an angry individual

being a professional and having an account with FedEx (you know business) got the cards out quickly. I then took a few days to myself and when I came back they were there via UPS 3 day service. I have to estimate a total of 6 days door to door to door.

I minimize the dismay and get to work resolving the issue. deal with both Sony and Lexar in these cards.
I keep receipts too.

in my 40+ years doing this work I have seen both the best and worst along with a whole bunch of mediocrity in between from this entire industry.

Nov 02, 2016 at 10:59 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password