New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Fuji X-T2 Color difference between VF and Back Screen

cvrle59
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji X-T2 Color difference between VF and Back Screen

I had 3 different X-T1's since March of 2015, and I never noticed that there was any significant difference in color between those two screens.
The X-T2 that I owed for short time, had significant difference. Back LCD looked right to my eyes, very natural, but VF was very, very green-ish, and I just couldn't adjust it to the point I would've liked it.
I opened this topic to see what other owners of X-T2 experience, to make sure it's a general thing, or it's was just the copy I owed.
I'm seriously considering to give another chance to X-T2, and this was one of the things I didn't like on it, but I thought, it could've been just my copy.
Even if it's general thing, I would think, this could be corrected by new firmware, but I'm not 100%.

Oct 21, 2016 at 12:19 PM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji X-T2 Color difference between VF and Back Screen

I have two XT2 camera bodies and I have no issues with either body.

Oct 21, 2016 at 12:53 PM
cvrle59
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji X-T2 Color difference between VF and Back Screen

charles.K wrote:
I have two XT2 camera bodies and I have no issues with either body.

Colors match?

Oct 21, 2016 at 12:56 PM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fuji X-T2 Color difference between VF and Back Screen

cvrle59 wrote:
Colors match?

The colors match fine between the two bodies that I do not notice color mismatch or an issue. I am sure there will be a FW in future where the color balance can be changed.

Oct 21, 2016 at 01:29 PM
cvrle59
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fuji X-T2 Color difference between VF and Back Screen

charles.K wrote:
The colors match fine between the two bodies that I do not notice color mismatch or an issue. I am sure there will be a FW in future where the color balance can be changed.

I was one of the first once, at least here in Canada, who picked it up, so it could've been just on that copy...early production.
Thanks for clarifying this!

Oct 21, 2016 at 01:31 PM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fuji X-T2 Color difference between VF and Back Screen

cvrle59 wrote:
I was one of the first once, at least here in Canada, who picked it up, so it could've been just on that copy...early production.
Thanks for clarifying this!

You are welcome It may well be a batch issue. The people in Australia seem to have very few issues

Oct 21, 2016 at 01:57 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fuji X-T2 Color difference between VF and Back Screen

I just took 3 different images, each in varying lighting conditions. I don't see a difference between the VF and LCD. I'm pretty sure there would be uproar on this site if your findings were the norm.

Oct 21, 2016 at 03:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Lee Saxon
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fuji X-T2 Color difference between VF and Back Screen

None of these screens are calibrated or color accurate. Always shoot raw.

Oct 21, 2016 at 09:04 PM
dhachey
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fuji X-T2 Color difference between VF and Back Screen

Lee Saxon wrote:
None of these screens are calibrated or color accurate. Always shoot raw.

My feeling exactly. I only use the screen and VF for composition and exposure, and to select focus and various settings. I'm really impressed with the X-T2 viewfinder.

Oct 22, 2016 at 01:58 AM
cvrle59
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fuji X-T2 Color difference between VF and Back Screen

I understand that screens are not calibrated, and I do use VF for composition and exposure too, but if the color in the VF is completely different than back screen color on brand new camera, paid $2000, that definitely bothers me. I don't expect colors to be perfect, neither to be completely out of whack. As I mentioned, I already had experience with X-T1, where colors matched perfectly, why X-T2 would be worse.
I think we came to conclusion here, that this is not a general issue, then some units only, so no big deal.

Oct 22, 2016 at 03:22 AM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fuji X-T2 Color difference between VF and Back Screen

I don't think I've had any camera where the LCD and the EVF were exact matches. They usually use different technology, have different resolution and brightness, and one is exposed to far more ambient light.

There are menu options where you can adjust the color, brightness etc of the EVF. Perhaps that would let you skew it a bit closer to the rear LCD

Oct 22, 2016 at 03:36 AM
Pavel
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Fuji X-T2 Color difference between VF and Back Screen

I had a Panasonic once that to look from the screen to the back was a shock, no matter how many times one did it and tried to get used to it. The colors were a bit off, one was warm/neutral the other was about 1000K cooler, and terrible contrast. It was awful to use.

I think if you notice it like you have, it probably would bother most photographers and likely is a problem specific to your camera. I'd return it and try another. No line is bug free, especially right at the start of a product. I imagine Fuji are finding and fixing problems at a furious pace and will get things worked out in time.

It's the early adopter roulette wheel. Step right up, order early, and roll yer dice. I think I'll wait for a few more months and then buy from a store where I can walk in and see before buying, like I always do. But the itch is strong, this time around.

Oct 22, 2016 at 07:35 PM
cvrle59
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Fuji X-T2 Color difference between VF and Back Screen

Pavel wrote:
I had a Panasonic once that to look from the screen to the back was a shock, no matter how many times one did it and tried to get used to it. The colors were a bit off, one was warm/neutral the other was about 1000K cooler, and terrible contrast. It was awful to use.

I think if you notice it like you have, it probably would bother most photographers and likely is a problem specific to your camera. I'd return it and try another. No line is bug free, especially right at the start of a product. I imagine Fuji
...Show more
Thanks!

Oct 22, 2016 at 08:18 PM
cvrle59
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Fuji X-T2 Color difference between VF and Back Screen

I've got back to X-T2, I was able to grab a used one, almost not used at all...
This one has perfect color match between VF and back screen, so the first one was definitely "broken" in that regard.
It's not the model issue than, then the copy I owed issue.

Oct 28, 2016 at 12:52 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password