New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Is this speedbooster ultra new or used?

chiron
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Is this speedbooster ultra new or used?

I just received a Metabones Speedbooster Ultra that was sold as "New". My question is whether it really is new.

1. It has continuous track marks on the front lens mount as if a lens has been mounted and dismounted on the Speedbooster often enough to make the track marks. I don't know whether that happened once or multiple times.

2. It arrived in a plastic box without a warranty card, instructions, or paper of any kind.

3. There was no plastic bag or other wrapping around the lens inside the box, nor were there any desiccant de-humidifying packets in the plastic box containing the speedbooster.

4. There are two allen wrenches and a small plastic envelope with two screws inside it.

5. There were front and rear body caps.

For those of you who have bought the speedbooster new, is this how it normally arrives?

Thanks.

Edited on Oct 21, 2016 at 01:52 AM · View previous versions

Oct 21, 2016 at 12:26 AM
pja7
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Is this speedbooster ultra new or used?

Same here, though mine was the standard Nikon adapter for F-mount G lenses. Came from Amazon in the plastic case with nothing else and I thought it was a returned item. Works fine though and feels very solid. It's like receiving a custom made part from a precision engineering company - no frills. I wish it came with body caps though as the Nikon ones don't lock on it, but that's my only complaint.

Oct 21, 2016 at 01:45 AM
chiron
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Is this speedbooster ultra new or used?

Thanks for your answer.

Did you happen to notice whether your front (lens-side) stainless steel mount had curved track marks from a lens being mounted?

Also, I neglected to mention in my original post that my speedbooster ultra did come with a front and rear body cap. I just corrected my post to correct this.

If yours did not come with the caps, I might contact the company to see if that is how they ship it.

On the other hand, if it is too late or too much trouble to do this, then it is a minor issue since the adapter feels solid and works fine.

Oct 21, 2016 at 01:56 AM
pja7
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Is this speedbooster ultra new or used?

I would say that it looked as though it had been mounted to a lens and camera though I assume someone at the factory would test them and it's a tight fit so would l leave slight markings, but nothing major.

I don't think my version comes with lens caps as there is no glass inside it and the carry case has grooves that fit the adapter and it wouldn't fit in the case if it had caps on it. Would like to get some though so I could leave the adapter mounted on the camera when needed

Oct 21, 2016 at 08:11 AM
chiron
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Is this speedbooster ultra new or used?

pja7 wrote:
I would say that it looked as though it had been mounted to a lens and camera though I assume someone at the factory would test them and it's a tight fit so would l leave slight markings, but nothing major.

I don't think my version comes with lens caps as there is no glass inside it and the carry case has grooves that fit the adapter and it wouldn't fit in the case if it had caps on it. Would like to get some though so I could leave the adapter mounted on the camera when needed

Yes, the testing scenario is possible. And it sounds like you are using the Metabones (IV, maybe?) rather than the speed booster.

Thanks for responding with the helpful info.

Oct 21, 2016 at 12:28 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password