FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Birch gauntlet

chez
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Birch gauntlet

I took a week tour through eastern Washington ( Palouse country ) onto to northern Oregon and back through the Cascades last week. Great time...but ran into monsoon rains throughout Oregon and the Cascades.

Here is a shot of the Boardman tree farm from the perimeter. Was not allowed access inside the tree stands. Only a few stands were starting to turn colour...this was the most vibrant.

Harry

© Fleeting Light Photos

Oct 20, 2016 at 06:56 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Birch gauntlet

Hi Harry,

Very nice shot here. I think you captured it well. I really need to get over there to shoot before its gone.

Jim

Oct 20, 2016 at 08:48 PM
junglialoh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Birch gauntlet

Nice composition and symmetric and balanced

Oct 21, 2016 at 06:18 AM
DaleBerlin
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Birch gauntlet

Nice one Harry, the markings on the tree trunks makes this shot for me. Good job.

Oct 21, 2016 at 09:42 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Birch gauntlet

DaleBerlin wrote:
Nice one Harry, the markings on the tree trunks makes this shot for me. Good job.

I like the pruning aspect of the tree where the first 20' of the tree have no branches making the trees resemble some alien creatures. They prune the trees so that the bottom parts have no branches which results in lumber without knots...use for flooring or furniture.

Nov 05, 2016 at 06:29 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Birch gauntlet

I have always liked this location, not that I've been there. It's going to be a sad day when the developers have their way.

Nov 06, 2016 at 09:08 AM
bktools
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Birch gauntlet

Great perspective, Harry!

Bob

Nov 06, 2016 at 09:41 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Birch gauntlet

ckcarr wrote:
I have always liked this location, not that I've been there. It's going to be a sad day when the developers have their way.

There are no developers involved. The land is being converted from growing trees to growing vegetables.

Nov 06, 2016 at 09:46 AM
DougVaughn
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Birch gauntlet

This is a wonderful image. Love the symmetry of it and the colors of course.

Nov 06, 2016 at 01:29 PM
claudefiddler
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Birch gauntlet

Chez

IMHO the right side highlight and just discernible background hills and highlights at the top of the photo could be cropped. They are incongruous with the rest of the photo. I also think if you want to bring the image to full fruition I would work on the tree trunks to get some light happening there. I'd also burn down the highlights on the forest floor. I'd also experiment with some localized contrast increase. Down the road for instance. That said the overall low contrast does have its appeal if that was a worked in with a feeling of light.

Claude

Nov 06, 2016 at 07:15 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.