Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Serious bug in Fuji X-T2 on-camera software; locks camera...

kevinsullivan
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Serious bug in Fuji X-T2 on-camera software; locks camera requiring battery removal

This is a first hand confirmed serious bug report regarding Fuji XT-2 software (or there's a hardware failure on my camera). I'm an experienced photographer and computer scientist so I know a hung system when I see one. The camera is hanging. Turning it off doesn't help. The battery has to be removed. The. X-T2 software hangs when I try to connect to WiFi using PC Autosave using MANUAL SETUP. In four attempts, one failure/lockup occed when trying to list available WiFi networks, and the other three occurred when the camera tried to connected to my wifi network. Oh, when it worked, two out of three times, the software listed the same SSID twice. I can replicate this software failure reliably on demand. In fact, every attempt to connect fails with a hung camera. Turning it off doesn't help: it remains powered on displaying the hung screen on the LCD. I have to remove and reinstall battery to re-initialize camera. Is Anyone at Fuji monitoring this forum?

Oct 20, 2016 at 07:45 PM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Serious bug in Fuji X-T2 on-camera software; locks camera requiring battery removal

Fuji monitoring this website? Probably not. Have you tried calling Fuji?

Oct 20, 2016 at 08:01 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Serious bug in Fuji X-T2 on-camera software; locks camera requiring battery removal

kevinsullivan wrote:
This is a first hand confirmed serious bug report regarding Fuji XT-2 software (or there's a hardware failure on my camera). I'm an experienced photographer and computer scientist so I know a hung system when I see one. The camera is hanging. Turning it off doesn't help. The battery has to be removed. The. X-T2 software hangs when I try to connect to WiFi using PC Autosave using MANUAL SETUP. In four attempts, one failure/lockup occed when trying to list available WiFi networks, and the other three occurred when the camera tried to connected to my wifi network. Oh, when
...Show more

Have you contacted Fujifilm support? That would seem to be the first logical step, in addition to contacting your vendor perhaps.

Oct 20, 2016 at 08:50 PM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Serious bug in Fuji X-T2 on-camera software; locks camera requiring battery removal

Fuji service is excellent and they respond very quickly. I would call them and discuss the issues that you are having. Most likely they will replace your XT2

Oct 20, 2016 at 09:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sfogg

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Serious bug in Fuji X-T2 on-camera software; locks camera requiring battery removal

kevinsullivan wrote:
This is a first hand confirmed serious bug report regarding Fuji XT-2 software (or there's a hardware failure on my camera). I'm an experienced photographer and computer scientist so I know a hung system when I see one. The camera is hanging. Turning it off doesn't help. The battery has to be removed. The. X-T2 software hangs when I try to connect to WiFi using PC Autosave using MANUAL SETUP. In four attempts, one failure/lockup occed when trying to list available WiFi networks, and the other three occurred when the camera tried to connected to my wifi network. Oh, when
...Show more

Sounds just like the X Pro 2. This has been a problem since the original XP2 firmware and hasn't been corrected yet. I ran into this very early on as well. Wifi to a phone works pretty well but is laggy in remote control compared to a XA1 over wifi for remote control.

You will also find that when you remove your battery any settings you changed since last power on are lost. The Fuji doesn't write settings changes to flash memory until normal shut off.

Shawn

Oct 21, 2016 at 10:51 AM
mregala

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Serious bug in Fuji X-T2 on-camera software; locks camera requiring battery removal

I had this happen to me shooting a wedding a few weeks ago. Had to pull the grip batteries outta get it to shut down. Came back up fine. I emailed Fuji, they replied:

"Please contact our Digital Imaging Technical Help Desk for complete assistance by dialing 1-800-800-3854 Option #1 and then Option #2 for Pro Digital. We have several agents and it would be their pleasure to assist you. "

I called and the woman (who was very nice) told me that she hadn't heard of this issue before. So if you've experienced this, definitely call them and let them know! They can't fix it if we don't tell them about it!

Mike

Oct 25, 2016 at 06:12 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Serious bug in Fuji X-T2 on-camera software; locks camera requiring battery removal

OP appears to have left the building...

Oct 25, 2016 at 07:03 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password