Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Experience with the 28 F2 WA Adapter?

crashwins
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Experience with the 28 F2 WA Adapter?

I love my 28 F2 -- phenomenal lens. I also loved my Nikon 20 1.8G. I considered grabbing a FF Sony, but with my Nikon I like 20/28/50/85 primes -- not sure what I would do with Sony. I realize the UWA adapter loses a little light, but anyone have experience with the adapter? I never see any discussion of it and there are very few reviews. Is it sharp, any CA? Thanks a lot, folks, as always.

Oct 20, 2016 at 04:49 PM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Experience with the 28 F2 WA Adapter?

Its stupid good. As in it is not great, but its such an elegant, silly solution: it works well. I coundn't not own it with the 28/2. Corners are a bit dsoft from distortion, but the software correction is good. It is essentially a 21/2.8, but its a pretty bright f/2.8, like every Sony prime and their transmission voodoo.

I really wanted to not like it. But for the price, it is awfully lonely, and hard to find a better lens wider than 24mm for less than $500. For more infrequent wide shooters, it is a perfect solution. For those who wide/ultra wide is their normal use, it is better to shell out the cash for a better option.

Oct 20, 2016 at 06:18 PM
Duckysaysquack
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Experience with the 28 F2 WA Adapter?

For the price it's amazing. The center is good, but not excellent. The corners are not superb, with extreme borders noticeably soft. I am not crazy about the attachment either. I'm not sure if it's just my copy, but the attachment wiggles a bit on the 28mm even when locked. It's not exactly perfectly snug and I'd imagine even a few millimeters play affects image quality a bit.

Edited on Oct 21, 2016 at 01:01 PM · View previous versions

Oct 20, 2016 at 07:09 PM
crashwins
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Experience with the 28 F2 WA Adapter?

Duckysaysquack wrote:
For the price it's amazing. The center is good, but not excellent. The corners are not superb, with extreme borders noticeably sharp. I am not crazy about the attachment either. I'm not sure if it's just my copy, but the attachment wiggles a bit on the 28mm even when locked. It's not exactly perfectly snug and I'd imagine even a few millimeters play affects image quality a bit.

So I would gander this isn't nearly the optical performer the Nikon 20G is? I loooove that lens

Oct 20, 2016 at 07:29 PM
Vcize
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Experience with the 28 F2 WA Adapter?

I haven't done any scientific tests or anything but I've been pretty happy with it for casual use. I think if you're happy with the 28/2 you'll probably be happy with the adapter.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4716025/21mm/bryce-canyon-07182.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4716025/21mm/adams-canyon-07475-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4716025/21mm/new-york-06853-Edit.jpg

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:33 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password