New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Tamron 150-600 lens on Canon 7D Mark2 Body Probs

Paulspix
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tamron 150-600 lens on Canon 7D Mark2 Body Probs

I have a Tamron 150-600 lens ... about 2 years old that I used/use on Canon 40D and 6 D Bodies. It would occasionally malfunction on the 6 D ... camera would not focus or shoot. All I had to do was unlock the lens, give it a little turn and then lock it back in place and everything was fine. It did not happen very often so I was not really concerned about it ... a mistake I guess.

I got a new Canon 7D Mark2 last week and with that lens on it the camera frequently malfunctions ... it won't focus or shoot. And unlocking and relocking the lens does not seem to help much. It just works again when it is ready to I guess.

Hmmm.. so far this morning I can't get it to work at all on the 7D.

Any feedback on this??

Thanks
Paul

Oct 20, 2016 at 09:54 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tamron 150-600 lens on Canon 7D Mark2 Body Probs

Do a search on this forum in the year 2014.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1278436/0?keyword=tamron#12184026

etc., etc.

If you have Focus Search turned OFF, try turning it ON. Page 122 of manual.

First copies of the lens had a serious problem with not focusing with certain bodies.

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:20 AM
palmor
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tamron 150-600 lens on Canon 7D Mark2 Body Probs

I recently had the same exact issue with the lens (on both my bodies, 7d II and 5D III). It started out just happening every once I in a while then eventually it basically stopped focusing. I would just hear this kind of clicking noise every few seconds when I held down the focus button.

I sent it in to be repaired (still under warranty) and it works perfectly now. The fixed that issue, updated the firmware and fixed some other minor things they found when taking the lens apart. Very happy with their service (quick and seemed thorough).

Oct 20, 2016 at 12:11 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.