New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Who to contact at Nikon?

MRM4
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Who to contact at Nikon?

Does anyone know who to contact at Nikon to find out if a DSLR body I have is a U.S. version or not? I tried the 1-800 number on the nikonusa.com site and never could get connected with anyone to talk to.

Oct 20, 2016 at 02:11 PM
Danner
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Who to contact at Nikon?

Unpossible.

Oct 20, 2016 at 02:17 PM
cvrle59
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Who to contact at Nikon?

I thought, this is readable by the S/N #. I know that Canadian versions start with "5", at least D750 and D810.

Oct 20, 2016 at 02:45 PM
MRM4
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Who to contact at Nikon?

Apparently Nikon changes these around from time to time according to a few sites I have read.

Oct 20, 2016 at 02:49 PM
drtaylor23
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Who to contact at Nikon?

They will not tell you over the phone. They will insist you send it in so they can check it. They train hard on this because they don't want someone to get the idea that service is covered and then find out it's not later. You can call three or four times and get the same answer.

What body is it/what's the concern? There's a few that they service wherever they are from now.

Also, in general saying "representative" to most IVRs makes it send you to a person now. Most are also smart enough that if you add some colorful language to it it'll flag you as needing somebody to calm you down and get you there quick. So describe your representative request like somebody just pulled into a parking space you were turning into and you'll probably have more success.

Oct 20, 2016 at 02:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

MRM4
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Who to contact at Nikon?

drtaylor23 wrote:
What body is it/what's the concern?

D7200.

Oct 20, 2016 at 03:00 PM
drtaylor23
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Who to contact at Nikon?

http://nikonrumors.com/2016/05/16/great-news-you-can-now-repair-some-nikon-grey-market-cameras-at-third-party-us-repair-facilities.aspx/

Haven't seen any follow up mentions and D7200 isn't on the list from earlier this year. Hopefully it gives you more info for research.

Oct 20, 2016 at 03:42 PM
webmstrk9
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Who to contact at Nikon?

Nikon use to put a NikonUSA sticker in/around the battery compartment, worth a check. US or grey/import will be worked on by their service centers.

Oct 20, 2016 at 04:03 PM
low325
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Who to contact at Nikon?

well just try to submit a work service for it, it will require you put in the S/N. then just wait....

you finally get a message saying if they will accept your item or not.

edit-- as a matter of fact i even had someone from nikon support call me after i had submitted my case in for lens service and verified over the phone that my lens was USA. i dont see how they wouldnt do it for dslr...

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:54 PM
davidnholtjr
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Who to contact at Nikon?

My D700 have a little sticker in where the battery goes that says Nikon USA, My D500 doesn't though. Check to see if your has one.

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:21 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password